Easier to sell players

don't you find that there's no offers for people who "have only just joined the club".

Surely if I transfer list them, thats it, they won't want to stay at club they're not wanted. Even if they did want to stay, surely there'd be bids - even if the player than reject them.

don't you find that there's no offers for people who "have only just joined the club".

Surely if I transfer list them, thats it, they won't want to stay at club they're not wanted. Even if they did want to stay, surely there'd be bids - even if the player than reject them.

Players can't move twice in teh same year am I right?

The players happiness at the club seems to be affecting whether anyone wants to bid or not.

If a players status is "wants to prove his worth to the club" regardless of whether you're trying to get rid of him or not, clubs won't try and buy him.

This is a bug imo and it's not realistic or consistent with previous versions.

I've had a lot of players go out on loan who weren't listed as available for loan, that's a good thing IMO.

Yep, gotta say i used to list for loan my entire youth team and most of the reserves and hardly ever got other clubs to take them unless i sent them to feeder clubs. Now clubs loan my youngsters even when they are not listed for loan.

Its a good sign that this part of the game has really improved.

It's not about moving, it's about playing for the team. The FIFA rule on this is that a player can't play for more than two teams in any football year (July 1 - June 30). FM is oversimplifying things to the point of being wrong.

I don't remember for sure but wasn't there a player a year or two ago who transferred to a club one day and in the next couple of days transferred to another club?

It's not about moving, it's about playing for the team. The FIFA rule on this is that a player can't play for more than two teams in any football year (July 1 - June 30). FM is oversimplifying things to the point of being wrong.

I don't remember for sure but wasn't there a player a year or two ago who transferred to a club one day and in the next couple of days transferred to another club?

deitmar hamman??? bolton/man city?? correct me if im wrong.

David Unsworth from West Ham to Villa to Everton I think it was.

The players happiness at the club seems to be affecting whether anyone wants to bid or not.

If a players status is "wants to prove his worth to the club" regardless of whether you're trying to get rid of him or not, clubs won't try and buy him.

This is a bug imo and it's not realistic or consistent with previous versions.

This is actually realistic, in a sense. The AI teams take into account how willing the player is to move (hence lower asking wage and whatnnot). If a player wouldn't be willing to move to their club, then they don't even bother offering for him.

I can never get rid of Benjani. On FM08 nobody wanted him and this time round he's a new arrival.

Since I'm a new manager making changes...shouldn't the fact that I offer him to clubs about twice a day make it obvious that he has no place in my time.

Not like the good old days when a quick fine for no reason whatsoever and a holiday in the reserves team would make any player want to leave:P

Archived