Managing Main Squad, U21 and U19

Basically, I have just become England Manager after 15 seasons at a club, where I appointed others to look after the Reserves and Youth teams.

Having just taken over the Enagland job within days it was the U-19 European tournament and I had to take charge of the team.

Although enjoyable I was wondering whether it was my remit to choose the U21 and U19 squad or should it be like in real life where I should appoint someone else to do so?

Also, is there any advantage to appointing coahces as there is no training schedule as such......

Thanks

PS I have searched for the answers but with no joy.

This question refers to FM2007 but is probably pertinent to 2008 ( I am always a season behind......been playing this for a year, just going onto 2008 in a week or so.....I like the bugs to be sorted)

Sorry it took so long before you got a reply.

I've always managed the Senior and the u19 sides at international level. If I were you, I'd probably set coaches to those sides because it can get tedious to continue controlling them. However, if you're into micromanagement, it may be fun for you to manage all three.

Coaches at international level tend to be more like scouts. The primary use of them is to look at players including match reports, squad suitability, and also to look into your next opposition (although I'm not sure that that's a feature in FM07). Needless to say, you'll soon be on FM08 so squeeze as much fun out of the u19 team as you can! :)

Archived