Is the long shots bug back???

I know people hate it when the response is "it's your tactics", but seriously, even the game is telling you it is.

What you have to read into it is that you are failing to create better chances, so your players are taking the best opportunities they have and shooting long. 'Mixed' still means taking the opportunity when it is there.

Through balls are too sensitive. In fact long balls, and TB, cross often are sensitive. I find I have to have them on mixed.

What tempo are you playing?

Too fast and you could be rushing into shots, when you need to be probing around for a better opportunity.

Too slow and the opposition may be able to keep themselves organised and you never get in behind.

Do you have a couple of creative players you could give more creative freedom and allow them to find some different angles, or maybe a midfielder that is not joining the attack enough (mixture of forward runs and mentality).

I have also found this to be a problem when I was using my old FM08 tactics, since I have designed a tactics formation by modifying the default ones I have noticed that the long shoots have cut down a lot.

One thing I have noticed is that my team do give the ball away a lot and try playing too many long passes, which I am not sure why, trying to find a solution for that.

Temp is one away from quick so 3 notches from centre.

Creative freedom is 12 (2 from middle). And that is set to wingers and 2 strikers. My attacking midfielder is set 13 CF or 3 from middle.

It is a guess, and of course you will get better tactical advice on the tactics forum, but it sounds like by allowing more creative freedom, but then forcing the players to rush, you are forcing them to shoot more from distance.

The other possibility is mentalities, but it doesn't sound like you go for extreme settings. Doh, quick edit, I see you've toned mentalities down already.

I've also noticed that it's more player sensitive than previous versions.

Change a couple of your midfielders and see if they shoot less from range.

Players will also shoot from range out of frustration of other available options, if they're ont he attack and there's no easy pass sometimes they'll have a pop unless you have long shots on rarely.

Also the time wasting and tempo sliders affects this

Ho hum… it’s your tactics. It’s your tactics. It’s your tactics.

How many times have we heard this from the “it’s your tactics” brigade only for the very problem they’ve been pompously “It’s your tactics”ing about to be fixed in the next patch.

The programmers were mistaken and it was never a bug, just poor programmer tactics, presumably. There’d never be any ME improvement if it was down to you lot’ you’re all too busy trying to pretend you’re so good these things never happen to you. Cobblers.

I was keeping a goal record of my demo game which is starting to highlight too many long shot goals and too many free kick goals, just like 8.0. And, hey, y’know it appeared in the patch. I’ll post it for the programmers to decide. Any “it’s your tactics” from pseudo experts will be ignored.

The settings are quite sensitive don't you think? I mean when will you play all out attack? Its seems the you have to stay around 13 notches, anything higher is too much.

They are more sensitive, but then I was never sure they made much difference before. All out attack would probably be reserved for those do or die moments, but you should be able get a bit above 13 as long as you are prepared to move the more defensive players up a notch or two as well, so that you don't leave great big gaps.

Ho hum… it’s your tactics. It’s your tactics. It’s your tactics.

How many times have we heard this from the “it’s your tactics” brigade only for the very problem they’ve been pompously “It’s your tactics”ing about to be fixed in the next patch.

The programmers were mistaken and it was never a bug, just poor programmer tactics, presumably. There’d never be any ME improvement if it was down to you lot’ you’re all too busy trying to pretend you’re so good these things never happen to you. Cobblers.

I was keeping a goal record of my demo game which is starting to highlight too many long shot goals and too many free kick goals, just like 8.0. And, hey, y’know it appeared in the patch. I’ll post it for the programmers to decide. Any “it’s your tactics” from pseudo experts will be ignored.

Why is it any more reasonable to assume it is a bug? And why is it unreasonable to look at a tactical isssue identified by the assistant manager and investigate tactical reasons it might happen? The OP has been quite happy to do so and if there is an underlying problem it can't be investigated properly if all the tactical connotations have not been ruled out.

No-one was trying to pretend they were great at the game - just offer some help.

Did you find the real bug? Long shots are much easier to score than close shots.

Not with my strikers they're not. :(

Defoe has turned into a goal poacher in the 6 yard box and the furthest out Crouch has scored is just inside the box.

I've had one screamer from Diarra and my winger caught a nice one from the corner of the penalty area and that is it.

Not with my strikers they're not. :(

Defoe has turned into a goal poacher in the 6 yard box and the furthest out Crouch has scored is just inside the box.

I've had one screamer from Diarra and my winger caught a nice one from the corner of the penalty area and that is it.

:D There is no consistency with people's problems and I think the tactics are so effective this year that different set-ups result in different problems for them

Me? Im doing great

Archived