my return to fmh...

Hi everyone, nice to see this forums is still as busy, havent played FMH for ages but I started playing 08 last week and I rediscovered the old love of the game!

playing as hearts and have won 10 spl titles on the trot using a slight variation of my old tactic, more or less the same but I have been using direct passing instead of short and no longer giving the wide players a free role, this version is awesome and now I cant wait for the new game next week!

I cant believe people still credit the old tactic to me but i'm delighted it still works and helps everyone out!

THe only thing I have had a few issues with in o8 is that it seems like the boards get on your back REALLY quickly. I started a game is liverpool and won the title then season 2 title and champs league and the next season I was sitting 3rd after 15 games and out the league cup and the fans were protesting for me to be sacked? Is this unusual or do you literally have to win every trophy every season to keep a job in the big teams?

Cheers!

• SI Staff

If you're at a big team then fans tend to apply pressure quickly (you might recall how quick the press are to call a 'crisis' for Wenger and Arsenal if they lose back to back matches at any point during a season ;) ) .... but you shouldn't get sacked unless things get seriously bad, drop out of contention for the title or leave the Champions League really early on and perform 'average' (ie. 4th or worse in the league), something like that.

The more successful you are at a big club (and the longer you remain there) the less tolerance you have to play with generally ..

Hey Jambo Dave, nice work with the tactic as it definitely got me winning when I just started playing FMH08 at Xmas last year. HOWEVER, I feel my 4-5-1 tactic (in the Tactics for 08 thread) is as good, if not better! IMO ;)

I'm looking forward to seeing how both tactics do in FMH09, and how they play out on the 2D pitch! :)

Archived