Shall we buy the game?

First of all, i'll give the answer to this question: NO WAY!

Second, i'll explane my decision. Game is full of bugs, the match engine its a disaster. Lots of ppl speak about tactics as the reason for major problems in the match engine, but i dont think that my tactics where a problem in a match where my own keeper scors 2 own goals, both of them with the ball going far wide from post, keeper goes after it, the ball hits him as it would hit a wall and goes into the post. Thats only one of the many problems which i had the chance to discover in this demo. Another "funny" thing, which could be met only in a alpha version of the game was that i was seeing the match with some of my players and opposite team's players in the 3rd form and other players like in the 2d mod. I hope u get what i mean...some players were as u would watch 3d, others were as u would watch 2d, together in the field, in the same match.

Now really guys, u have to be kinda stupid to buy this game. Football Manager was best manager out there till this version. Now, Fifa Manager, Championship Manager, Football Manager, are the same piece of crap and if since 2005 (when other games of this genre launched) i was playing Football Manager a lot and i was laughing of other games (Fifa Manager, Championship Manager, etc) and of the guys who didnt test their demo before buying, but now...sincerly, one and the same in all 3 games. Football simulation? I gotta be dreaming...there is no manager game out there to even try to simulate the real football.

I really dont understand the guys which say that they like the game...they probably are that type of Fifa Manager fan which enjoy to play an arcade game, when i prefer to play a simulation.

What about Mr. Wanna Have a Known Face Jacob Milles? Before the demo launched, he was everywhere on the forum, talking with people. Now that demo launched and saw what a piece of crap he made, he disappeared. Mr Milles, if u read this, i have to tell you that u destroyed a game which i was playing since u probably didnt play games. SI games, i have to tell you - you're going down as each year passes since u broke up with the other company which was working at FM and which started to make another crappy game (which u try to get close to) named Championship Manager. The injuries bug is nothing comapred to other many glitches from the game so even if a patch will be released, fixing this injuries thing, there is still 50% of the game which has to be fixed.

Bye, bye Football Manager, i have to design my own game if i want football manager simulation...beacuse Football Manager at this moment is totally crap. I ain't gonna buy this piece of crap and the FM fans which i know wont buy it neither. Long live piracy, i hope that i will be able to find a pirated copy, just to laugh my ass of how bad this game has became.

I ain't gonna buy this piece of crap and the FM fans which i know wont buy it neither. Long live piracy, i hope that i will be able to find a pirated copy, just to laugh my ass of how bad this game has became.

Bye.

P.S - Get your mum to send you back to school so you can learn to spell.

Im not english native speaker, thats why my english its not perfect, and compared to u...i buy games with money from my own pocket. Have fun playing this crap.

Btw, guys who say that like the game, or work for SI, or are that type of players which get tactis from forums, and the button which they use the most is "continue" and finish a season in 2 hours. Guess what, i want simulation, im interested in all areas of my team, it takes me a week to finish a season, play about 3 hours each day. Have fun with this arcade!!!

Bye, bye Football Manager, i have to design my own game if i want football manager simulation...beacuse Football Manager at this moment is totally crap. I ain't gonna buy this piece of crap and the FM fans which i know wont buy it neither. Long live piracy, i hope that i will be able to find a pirated copy, just to laugh my ass of how bad this game has became.

I'm guessing an infraction or a ban will be arriving shortly for you! Enjoy!

First of all, i'll give the answer to this question: NO WAY!

Second, i'll explane my decision. Game is full of bugs, the match engine its a disaster. Lots of ppl speak about tactics as the reason for major problems in the match engine, but i dont think that my tactics where a problem in a match where my own keeper scors 2 own goals, both of them with the ball going far wide from post, keeper goes after it, the ball hits him as it would hit a wall and goes into the post. Thats only one of the many problems which i had the chance to discover in this demo. Another "funny" thing, which could be met only in a alpha version of the game was that i was seeing the match with some of my players and opposite team's players in the 3rd form and other players like in the 2d mod. I hope u get what i mean...some players were as u would watch 3d, others were as u would watch 2d, together in the field, in the same match.

Now really guys, u have to be kinda stupid to buy this game. Football Manager was best manager out there till this version. Now, Fifa Manager, Championship Manager, Football Manager, are the same piece of crap and if since 2005 (when other games of this genre launched) i was playing Football Manager a lot and i was laughing of other games (Fifa Manager, Championship Manager, etc) and of the guys who didnt test their demo before buying, but now...sincerly, one and the same in all 3 games. Football simulation? I gotta be dreaming...there is no manager game out there to even try to simulate the real football.

I really dont understand the guys which say that they like the game...they probably are that type of Fifa Manager fan which enjoy to play an arcade game, when i prefer to play a simulation.

What about Mr. Wanna Have a Known Face Jacob Milles? Before the demo launched, he was everywhere on the forum, talking with people. Now that demo launched and saw what a piece of crap he made, he disappeared. Mr Milles, if u read this, i have to tell you that u destroyed a game which i was playing since u probably didnt play games. SI games, i have to tell you - you're going down as each year passes since u broke up with the other company which was working at FM and which started to make another crappy game (which u try to get close to) named Championship Manager. The injuries bug is nothing comapred to other many glitches from the game so even if a patch will be released, fixing this injuries thing, there is still 50% of the game which has to be fixed.

yeh yeh u will the first guy to buy the game on the day od the release. I dont understand these peoples. the games is excelent i can see beyond the bugs like every fan of these series because we know that SI will solve these insues. Anyone that is not acting in bad faith have to admited that the game is better and the experiense of the game is much better.

P.S. Sorry my english

Cheers everyone

maybe i've been a bit harsh, but this demo makes me to quit the game after maximum 2 matches (official ones, after friendlies - anyway i usually dont have enough players to make a decent team after 2 matches, beacuse of injuries). there are way too many problems...maybe after the final patch, i'll share the same oppinion with you: "i love the game". Till then, i'll just keep dreaming of a real football manager simulation

maybe i've been a bit harsh, but this demo makes me to quit the game after maximum 2 matches (official ones, after friendlies - anyway i usually dont have enough players to make a decent team after 2 matches, beacuse of injuries). there are way too many problems...maybe after the final patch, i'll share the same oppinion with you: "i love the game". Till then, i'll just keep dreaming of a real football manager simulation

You've changed your tune. Anyone reading your first post would have thought you had already asked parliament to draft legislation outlawing FM2009 and to burn as a heretic anyone caught playing it.

What about Mr. Wanna Have a Known Face Jacob Milles? Before the demo launched, he was everywhere on the forum, talking with people. Now that demo launched and saw what a piece of crap he made, he disappeared. Mr Milles, if u read this, i have to tell you that u destroyed a game which i was playing since u probably didnt play games.

Lol, miles has been on board since CM2, know your stuff before talking crap mate.

I gave up reading after the first sentence. Text Speak and no spaces in paragraphs dont help.

But the actual ramblings of a guy who hasnt thought.

I will be buying the game as it is the best Football simulation game yet...

Most mature post in this thread

When a thread is closed, is it possible to have it removed from page 1 of the forums? Talk about clutter.

all threads closed or open slowly move down the page of the main page until the next post on that thread so if it`s closed give it time and it will disappear

I agree with the author of this thread... seldomly have i been so angry over a sloppy piece of work.... they took a game wich were the absolute best in the genre... and turned it in to at mediocre "playground" for halv finished ideas and add-ons..... and what have they really addet to the game from year to year??? It is only because their competetition is even worse, that so many keep buying the game!! It would never happen in some of the other genres in the gaming world!! I simply do not believe they spend a whole year preparing and adding on these new features.. its simply pathetic to believe that! look at what other game series do every year to make their games better.. they cannot sell WoW if the only new features are features that do not work (FM 3d, and match engine f.ex) of if they arent really that special (the interaction with the media in FM, which probaply would take a couple of days to programme and implement, but was one of Miles´proud announecements).

I have used a great deal of my time since i was 13 playing this game, buying every single copy until now... but i must say, that since the 2005 version i´we lost more and more interest in it... still a great game, but only relatively to the other games in its genre!

why did we go from genieus pre 2005, to mediocre levels this past 3 years?

Why are SI suddenly so americanised and PR-horny? why do they "suck up" to SEGA and other external partners and change the way they make, distribute and sell the game? what ever happened to the most important thing beeing producing a really solid and entertaining game?? THAT WAS THEIR KEY COMPETENCE up until now.. and it worked fine! they sold millions of copies.. but then, they begin this greedy americanised way and it all goes down the crapper...

And do not even ****ing get me started on Steam... So i am to buy a game and i cannot move it around or play it without beeing reliant on some stupid internt application?? i allready stopped playing the demo because of problems with steam and the connection between the to (FM and steam) what the **** ever happened to a ****ing exe file??

(I´m from Denmark, so thats why my english is far from perfect)

I hate this assumption that anyone who enjoys the game is stupid. I am not experiencing any problems, and I don't apologise for liking the game.

Miles, by the way, is travelling round several other countries to promote the game, so it's just possible that he might not have the time to post on here in response to threads better answered by the development staff.

Archived