FM 2009 Demo: Berbatov out for 2 months.....

That's nothing. I once missed a year of school with a grazed elbow. :p

Seriously, though. I haven't even been looking at the kinds of injuries I've been getting. I've just been getting soooo many that I've given up.

And the mentality of the average football fan shows itself once again. Get over it. Berbatov wanted to play for a big club.

sure, but he didn't have to behave like a petulant schoolboy to make it there.

professionalism ?? loyalty ?? showing the team a mediocum of respect they deserve for introducing him to the premiership in the first place ?? that wasn't it.

professionalism ?? loyalty ?? showing the team a mediocum of respect they deserve for introducing him to the premiership in the first place ?? that wasn't it.

I don't particularly like the way he left Spurs. I just hate to see people wishing injury on fellow human beings. Berbatov did himself no favours with the Spurs fans. I'm pretty miffed at Ronaldo. When he joins Madrid, I'll be gutted. But I wouldn't wish him injury.

Why assume it's a bug? When able to play, I sprained my ankle a couple of times. Once it cleared up in about a week because it was a 'minor' sprain. The other time, I'd come as near as I could to breaking it and going 'Why's my foot on backwards?' That time, I was hopping about for 6 weeks and then it took me another month to start getting back to something like fitness-wise.

Some injuries are worse than others, is all. Surely no one expects a blanket time per injury, because that is just totally unrealistic. Plus, people heal at different rates.

im sure i remember reading somewhere that when spurs brought him the selling club warned your fans what he was like and what would likely happen

I don't particularly like the way he left Spurs. I just hate to see people wishing injury on fellow human beings. Berbatov did himself no favours with the Spurs fans. I'm pretty miffed at Ronaldo. When he joins Madrid, I'll be gutted. But I wouldn't wish him injury.

yeah you don't want to wish injury on anyone, but complete and utter failure maybe :)

out-and-out refusing to play simply because you want to move and can't wait a couple of weeks until the end of the transfer window is a low even ronnie wouldn't stoop to!!

im sure i remember reading somewhere that when spurs brought him the selling club warned your fans what he was like and what would likely happen

quite possibly. spurs can take consolidation from the fact that he scored plenty of goals and pulled them out of a hole on more than one occasion, so it's not all bad!

yeah you don't want to wish injury on anyone, but complete and utter failure maybe :)

out-and-out refusing to play simply because you want to move and can't wait a couple of weeks until the end of the transfer window is a low even ronnie wouldn't stoop to!!

I wouldn't even wish Ronaldo failure at Real. Thing is, even if it's not to be at United, I want to see him playing at his very best just because of what an awesome sight it is.

As for Berbatov, he didn't refuse to play. This was evidenced by the fact that he did play a couple of games. The problem was just that he didn't want to be there, and it showed. If the Spurs fans wish him failure because of it, I understand. But he's still a human with hopes and ambitions, even if he lacked the necessary character to go about aiming for them in the correct manner. He does not deserve a broken ankle.

I wouldn't even wish Ronaldo failure at Real. Thing is, even if it's not to be at United, I want to see him playing at his very best just because of what an awesome sight it is.

As for Berbatov, he didn't refuse to play. This was evidenced by the fact that he did play a couple of games. The problem was just that he didn't want to be there, and it showed. If the Spurs fans wish him failure because of it, I understand. But he's still a human with hopes and ambitions, even if he lacked the necessary character to go about aiming for them in the correct manner. He does not deserve a broken ankle.

that's my other issue with him, that he's too happy to let his shoulders drop when things aren't going his way. he's the exact opposite of a team player, aloof and temperamental.

as a spurs fan, i can appreciate he is a unique talent with ball control to die for, but his personality may prevent him from ever being truly world class. i always considered him replaceable, unlike robbie keane who is sorely missed. :(

Robbie keane irreplaceable? Are you sure? You got 20 million for a good for nothing striker! You should be delighted with that. Face it berbatov made keane look good.

spurs had pretty much built their entire attack around him.. obviously he's not fitting into the liverpool side so neatly but that's not our problem :) £20m was a bit steep, what do they say about a fool and his money...?

Archived