I wont be buying Football Manager this year - False 3D Claims

Firstly the demo doesnt work on an aweful lot of peoples machines, and its not that we cant meet the specs required, Something is very wrong with the demo build and I dont have confidence it will be fixed for the release. Infact the fact SI have announced a patch for the very same release day is worrying, what about those without an internet connection? what about those who cannot patch the aweful bugs? what about them?

Secondly SI claim FM09 has a 3D engine. That is FALSE. What they have is an isometric view which we know as 2D not 3D. I am very disappointed in the 3D Engine claim, FALSE ADVERTISEMENT is against the law. Shame on you SI cause for the first time in years I wont be paying for this product. You quite frankly dont deserve it after such ridiculous claims.

On a positive note though, Kudos for FM 08 which I bought first day of release and was excellent. No false advertising during that release either.

If thats 3D then what happened to the graphics? Microprose original Railroad Tycoon looks better than that. I prefer the 2D engine, it was top notch. Who needs to watch bad graphically looking footballers when you have a great 2D thing going on.

If thats 3D then what happened to the graphics? Microprose original Railroad Tycoon looks better than that. I prefer the 2D engine, it was top notch. Who needs to watch bad graphically looking footballers when you have a great 2D thing going on.

eh how about you dont use 3d then, simple. And it is 3D and alot of people use it and like it. Like i said before if you don't like 3D then continue to use the blobs. It is not false advertising.

So if you still have a top notch engine you like, what exactly is it you are complaining about?

3D ist there and if you don't like it, this has nothing to do with false advertising. If people have issues, that is very unfortunate and should be fixed asap. Which it apparently will. :)

I,ll take your word for it guys that its 3D, but I got to say looking at the graphical quality it sure looks like a trick isometric view. Can you change views? Can you move the camera around the 3d area anywehre you like? I'm still suspicious.

Its looks great?

Ah the old "your a troll" when people hate your opinion trick, not every original. Try again.

Nah I didnt get the glasses, whats the point when the demo wont even launch.

what were you expecting really? Fifa? Pro Evo? Get a grip, you have been using 2D blobs for years and as a previous poster has mentioned its a good starting point. Its a very good representation of the match engine in 3D and gives you a better perspective of the match overall when you use it.

Firstly the demo doesnt work on an aweful lot of peoples machines, and its not that we cant meet the specs required, Something is very wrong with the demo build and I dont have confidence it will be fixed for the release. Infact the fact SI have announced a patch for the very same release day is worrying, what about those without an internet connection? what about those who cannot patch the aweful bugs? what about them?

Secondly SI claim FM09 has a 3D engine. That is FALSE. What they have is an isometric view which we know as 2D not 3D. I am very disappointed in the 3D Engine claim, FALSE ADVERTISEMENT is against the law. Shame on you SI cause for the first time in years I wont be paying for this product. You quite frankly dont deserve it after such ridiculous claims.

On a positive note though, Kudos for FM 08 which I bought first day of release and was excellent. No false advertising during that release either.

First of all, the Demo does work on many thousand machines.

Secondly, the Demo is 3D. It looks like it does on the television doesn't it. The reason it doen't look exactly perfect is because they are essentially little cartoon people running around. I think this could be improved but it is NOT false advertisement.

Thirdly, FM08 IS full of these bugs you mentioned. Loads of unrealistic things happening all the time not to mention the closing down bug on it. This was fixed in the patch but is still visible in the game.

Why would you come on the forums and spread hate of the game? attention? Grow up and understand that this first patch will fix any problems that occur now and it will be a really good game.:thup:

Its looks great?

Ah the old "your a troll" when people hate your opinion trick, not every original. Try again.

Nah I didnt get the glasses, whats the point when the demo wont even launch.

If you can't launch it you're most definitely a troll.

What are your opinions based on?

Archived