Has "release day" been POSTPONED to November 21st?

I am on Steam and it is says 14th of November.

So it is quite tricky, I checked it from Slovak IP and also from Czech IP and the result is still the same - November 21st. I am convinced that few days ago there was November 14th too. I can not understand it.

So it is quite tricky, I checked it from Slovak IP and also from Czech IP and the result is still the same - November 21st. I am convinced that few days ago there was November 14th too. I can not understand it.

I imagine it would come out on the same time scale in both Czech and Slovakia. A week later doesnt seem too bad given the complexity of these languages. As the game has gone gold I see no reason why it would be delayed now.

Is STEAM not a global solution?

I am in Australia i am getting it via steam at the same time as my english counterparts....slovakia being part of europe i thought it would of been the same!

Yeah i thought Steam was global to.....

It's the same in Poland, Nov 21st. I used steam because I wanted to avoid a) waiting b) Polish language version and now I have to wait until the 21st? Seriously wtf. Kind of unfair and I'm really angry that I wasn't informed of this postponement prior to the purchase.

BTW Czech Rep, Slovakia and Poland have the same publisher for FM AFAIK so probably we can all thank them for this wonderful news.

Fellas if i was you i would contact there support group asap. What angered me is i was told to get in early for a good price so i got in yesterday....today the price is $5 cheaper wtf probably around $11 australian cheaper.

It's the same in Poland, Nov 21st. I used steam because I wanted to avoid a) waiting b) Polish language version and now I have to wait until the 21st? Seriously wtf. Kind of unfair and I'm really angry that I wasn't informed of this postponement prior to the purchase.

BTW Czech Rep, Slovakia and Poland have the same publisher for FM AFAIK so probably we can all thank them for this wonderful news.

I have not pre-ordered it yet, but this is unfair to us in Central Europe. We are also part of Europe and European Union and I can not see any valid reason not to be able to download it on "World" or "European" release date.

:(

If I am ordering it via STEAM then I am not ordering it via CZ, SK or PL publisher. Strange.

Another strange thing is their 10% discount voucher at SUBSIDE SPORTS!

As it is related and restricted to the location of purchaser's IP address, WTF do we here in Central Europe have with UK resident SUBSIDE SPORTS???

:( STEAM is very annoying.

I have not pre-ordered it yet, but this is unfair to us in Central Europe. We are also part of Europe and European Union and I can not see any valid reason not to be able to download it on "World" or "European" release date.

:(

If I am ordering it via STEAM then I am not ordering it via CZ, SK or PL publisher. Strange.

Absolutely. I ordered through steam so I didn't have anything to do with that publisher and now I'm worried that when I willingly overpaid for the steam release in order to avoid the publisher and get it earlier it was all for naught.

check in here:www.gram.pl

The Official realese in Poland is on 21,cose the publisher is going to translate it to polish that is way we have to wait a week for FM.Same thing was with FM2008 last year.

So everything is ok :)

It's not ok. I didn't order the Polish version. In fact, I went out of my way not to order it. I see no reason why I (and others who bought via steam) should be subjected to the wait. I really don't care about the translation.

The SI and steam websites state "Football Manager 2009 is now available for pre-purchase as a PC digital download from STEAM, and will be available for players to play at 09:00 GMT on the 14th November 2008." and now this turns out to be false and the fans who bought the game for that reason have all the right to be angry.

check in here:www.gram.pl

The Official realese in Poland is on 21,cose the publisher is going to translate it to polish that is way we have to wait a week for FM.Same thing was with FM2008 last year.

So everything is ok :)

No, it is not OK.

I do not want translated version. I want original English version. Same as random_name. There is no need to do it via Steam if:

1. the release day is not the English one

2. the price is much higher as it is in local distribution network (STEAM: 49.99 USD -> 963 CZK -> 1214 SKK -> 141 PLN

local distributor: 41 USD -> 799 CZK -> 1006 SKK -> 116 PLN)

I'm certainly in the not happy group.

Cancelled my pre-order through play to use Steam, paying more. Because I am in the Czech Republic for a while and it would have taken an extra few days to get the CD posted through. So with Steam I'd be able to at least download it from wherever I was at the same time as I'd get it if I was in the UK, and that was worth the extra cost!

I'm certainly in the not happy group.

Cancelled my pre-order through play to use Steam, paying more. Because I am in the Czech Republic for a while and it would have taken an extra few days to get the CD posted through. So with Steam I'd be able to at least download it from wherever I was at the same time as I'd get it if I was in the UK, and that was worth the extra cost!

Yes, it was, but now, it is not and I have a bad feeling, that it will be not.

Yes, it was, but now, it is not and I have a bad feeling, that it will be not.

But annoyingly, I actually placed my order in the UK.

However, on the brightside I may well be heading back to the UK that weekend so my IP will swap back to a UK one and bring the release forward again. Otherise (and engage naughty mode) it's just a case of doing some IP Masking.

I'd have thought Steam would deliver the version you order (as I can't order outside of the UK due to addresses!) but that falls under Steams problems not SI's.

So the next question, if I download the game and authenticate it in the UK on the 14th. Will I still be able to play on the 17th in the Czech Republic?

Latest status;

- The release date is the 14th.

- Steam appears to be printing an erroneous availability time at the end of that day for some users - we're looking into that with them.

- Steam appears to be suggesting that the release date in specific territories (Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia) has moved to the 21st November - I'm looking into that also.

I think that's the fullest summary available. I'll update when I have further information - please note that given the time in some of these places, that may be early next week.

Thanks

Matt

That stopped being funny ages ago, though I clicked it and am now bouncing my head to the beat...

Maybe there is no delay then, thanks Matt for the update

Believe it or not it's only about the 2nd time ive had it happen so it's still funny for me :D

it has never been funny, mainly because it tells you what it is at the bottom of the screen. maybe if it was a dedicated website, where the title was deliberately obscure. Then again that would be too much work for the type who are entertained by things like this.

Latest status;

- The release date is the 14th.

- Steam appears to be printing an erroneous availability time at the end of that day for some users - we're looking into that with them.

- Steam appears to be suggesting that the release date in specific territories (Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia) has moved to the 21st November - I'm looking into that also.

I think that's the fullest summary available. I'll update when I have further information - please note that given the time in some of these places, that may be early next week.

Thanks

Matt

That's odd Matt as I thought I'd have a look at Steam myself and it says the 13th November?

SteamFM09-13Nov.jpg

Yeah, it's now got the 13th of November for me too and as you can see in the screenshot above, instead of the $49.99 it was before it's now $44.99 apparently!

EDIT: And it doesn't seem to be adding VAT for me when I put it in my cart anymore. Strange.

Nevermind, it says taxes etc. are added at the checkout stage now, which is after you've filled in all your info.

Archived