Did I read that Steam are releasing the game early?

I'd have to say I think that's the date when you get to pre-load the game so you don't have to spend all release-day downloading it. You can't do anything with what's downloaded until Steam activates it and that will not happen until the 14th.

You download all the game files and they are encrypted. Once the game is "released" they send an update to yoru client to unlock the files so you can play. Usually takes 10 mins or so to unlock everything. Also will autopatch as well :D

Wouldnt worry about the volumes as it managed ok for the latest Half Life 2 releases (the original was a nightmare) and I dont thin FM09 will be anywhere near that kind of volume of players.

Steam will not be releasing the game on the 12th, anywhere.

The game is coming out on the 14th in the vast majority of places - I'm looking into the thread that claims it's coming later in Poland, Czech and Slovakia at present.

I'd guess that anywhere the release date does move back by a week, the Steam release will as well - we have to work with our retail partners as well as Steam and give them an equal opportunity.

The game is coming out on the 14th in the vast majority of places - I'm looking into the thread that claims it's coming later in Poland, Czech and Slovakia at present.

I'd guess that anywhere the release date does move back by a week, the Steam release will as well - we have to work with our retail partners as well as Steam and give them an equal opportunity.

Vast majority?????? this was never mentioned before, Steam was apparently 9am UK time everywhere.

Look into the Australian Steam release as well, mine is saying 1 week and 12 hours. That means pretty much noon Saturday 15th, which is 15-16 hours after the UK release. I only ordered through Steam to play at the same time as everyone else and was under the impression that we'd be getting it at the same time. I paid more money than what the shops would charge or by ordering it online, only to be bumped back a day. WTF?

If we don't get it at 9am UK time I will not be happy, **** poor form from SI, Sega and Steam.

If it has been bumped back a day due to "giving them(retailers) an equal opportunity" then that is a weak excuse and we should have been told about this garbage before.

It's nice to know someone is looking into this. I'd appreciate a comment once you know what's up with this delay.

Vast majority?????? this was never mentioned before, Steam was apparently 9am UK time everywhere.

Look into the Australian Steam release as well, mine is saying 1 week and 12 hours. That means pretty much noon Saturday 15th, which is 15-16 hours after the UK release. I only ordered through Steam to play at the same time as everyone else and was under the impression that we'd be getting it at the same time. I paid more money than what the shops would charge or by ordering it online, only to be bumped back a day. WTF?

If we don't get it at 9am UK time I will not be happy, **** poor form from SI, Sega and Steam.

If it has been bumped back a day due to "giving them(retailers) an equal opportunity" then that is a weak excuse and we should have been told about this garbage before.

I'm in the UK, and steam is also saying the game will unlock in approximately 1 week and 11 hours. That would be 12 midnight Friday going into Saturday...thought you could play it at 9am?

I'm in the UK, and steam is also saying the game will unlock in approximately 1 week and 11 hours. That would be 12 midnight Friday going into Saturday...thought you could play it at 9am?

Well that would have an impact on where I buy it, can someone please confirm!!

Well that would have an impact on where I buy it, can someone please confirm!!

Same here, if it was 9am surely it would say 6 days 20 hours, not 1 week and 11 hours? If what they're saying is right, you wouldn't be able to play it at all on the day of release as it wouldn't unlock till midnight. I'm hoping this is just a mistake on Steam's part, as I was considering ordering it from there?

Hopefully there is just a problem with Steam's timer or something, if so I apologize to SI, Sega and Steam for my previous post.

If not though it still stands.:D

I still don't feel that Steam is the way to go in future. Steam limits your decision making with copies of the game since it regards you as the owner of the chosen copy for ever and I for one may want to sell my FM copy in future, especially when newer editions come out, I'm sure I'm not the only one mind.

From what I know, this is a Steam error. We haven't moved the launch date.

I'll try and get a confirmation of exactly what happens, for everyone, and post it when I know. That will be prior to launch. Rest assured we're not trying to annoy anyone, but it's our first time using this so we're learning as we go.

I know its an important issue for everyone so I'll come back as and when I can.

From what I know, this is a Steam error. We haven't moved the launch date.

I'll try and get a confirmation of exactly what happens, for everyone, and post it when I know. That will be prior to launch. Rest assured we're not trying to annoy anyone, but it's our first time using this so we're learning as we go.

I know its an important issue for everyone so I'll come back as and when I can.

Thanks for the update and for trying to get us some info. We're all FM nuts that need to feed our addiction, so we can get very passionate over losing just a few hours.:D

Archived