International Management

Hi i was just wondering if anybody has looked at international management during the demo (probably doesnt make much sense as it is only six months)...and if they have are there any changes? Or is it improved?

I am always of the opinion if it does get better its a complete bonus to the game but not expected as it is based as a club management game in my opinion of course

I dreamt about a possibility of persuading player into changing his first nation, I mean the option "Declared for XXX". It would be nice if we had an option of interaction with a player - f.ex. a few months before Euro 2008 Leo Beenhakker tried to persuade Robert Acquafresca to play for Poland (he chose to stay with Italy). You would tell him "I count on you, you'd be my key player, you have a poor chance of breaking into Italian (or other) squad" or sth. It would be a cool option.

In real life you have also situations where players come up with an idea of changing their first nationality. Lately Sebastian Tyrała received Polish passport and announced he would play for Poland instead of Germany (after making many youth caps for German team). There are also many African players declared at first for France/Germany who play for country their ancestry's from finally (Stephane Loboue, Assimiou Toure, Issiar Dia), particularly after their "original" nation achieve success like qualifying to the World Cup. It would be nice if similar situations occured in the game. "Declared for" option doesn't let it happen.

I like international mgement and I think that SI should also look into expanding on this next version. Like have the ability to train your international squad whats the point in coaches etc if you cant train them???? More interaction with club managers esp for friendlies. And the fact that in the game you can manage both club and country should be changed as I dont know of any rl situation like this. Cant remember what version of FM or even CM it was but you could not do both. Also i'd like more media interaction for internationals.

And the fact that in the game you can manage both club and country should be changed as I dont know of any rl situation like this.

In which version is this possible? If it's FM08 do you have to do it when starting your career, or can you take an international job while still keeping your club job?

Archived