do goalie animations ever change?

This is EXACTLY why I wasn't too keen on the whole 3D. With the dots at least you could imagine the keeper pulling off an actual save even if the dot just moved upwards. Now the element of imagination has disappeared, and the developers have to come up with every possible animation that can occur IRL in order for a game to appear realistic, essentially the same problem as FIFA Manager and any other 3D football game has. ANd tbh, IMO this programming time could of been far better spent on expanding the actual game (leagues, media, tactics, the crux of the game) rather than providing what I feel is a tacky add-on.

Methinks they have quite a task on their hands...

This is EXACTLY why I wasn't too keen on the whole 3D. With the dots at least you could imagine the keeper pulling off an actual save even if the dot just moved upwards. Now the element of imagination has disappeared, and the developers have to come up with every possible animation that can occur IRL in order for a game to appear realistic, essentially the same problem as FIFA Manager and any other 3D football game has. ANd tbh, IMO this programming time could of been far better spent on expanding the actual game (leagues, media, tactics, the crux of the game) rather than providing what I feel is a tacky add-on.

Methinks they have quite a task on their hands...

i couldn't agree we you more, but they had to start somewhere and it's a good start for 3d and for Si give it time and you'll be loving it, this happened with 2d to we needed time to adjust our footballing mind to it

ANd tbh, IMO this programming time could of been far better spent on expanding the actual game (leagues, media, tactics, the crux of the game) rather than providing what I feel is a tacky add-on.

The 3D developers have been bought in especially. Not doing the 3D would have had zero effect on other areas of the game as none of these people would ever have worked on those features.

Archived