-->Centre line<-- yes it's a NEW feature.

quote: by dr p wigwam about the centre line on sliders.

i agree with the OP in so much as it looks crappy. if there is no middle setting, why put a line there?

further research has thrown up another anomoly.

on the sliders there are indeed 20 notches. notches 1 to 11 are on one side of the 'cosmetic' centre line, and notches 12 to 20 are on the other. this makes the centre line represent 11.5. this makes no sense.

furthermore, for some reason the mentality slider has 22 notches, of which 12 are on one side and 10 on the other...

and its not just the tactics slider, its on the all new 'match speed' slider too.

now this slider has 15 notches, of which 1 to 8 are on one side and 9 to 15 on the other.

correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't 8 exactly in the middle of 1 and 15??

and it doesn't end there.

check out the training screen. the slider for 'workload' has loads of settings, but the markers on it look odd. the first marker is a few millimetres into the slider, and the last one is off the end of the slider. it looks to me as if all the notches are slightly off to the right, which would explain the problem the OP had in the first place.

Moderaters at bug forums asked new feature suggestions to be posted in general discussion; I don't know why. I thougth "centre line" was a new feature and not a bug :D as it was like this for years.

I mean they are so obvious that I have no idea why SI misses them.

Same here.

Archived