Advices from the assistant during matches: Make him do it?

I get all these nice little tips from my assistant manager during the game. He tells me that it would be clever to tackle harder on some guys and to keep pressure on others... etc etc. This is all nice, but its quite a hassle to actually apply ALL those things he tells you to do. Forgive me for being lazy, but it would be quite nice if you could just reply to him "make it happen!" and he would attend to these changes in tactics.

Btw, once you changed tactics, you cant get back into tactics screen again until they have been applied. You could do this in 08, but no more? It was quite useful if you changed your mind or forgot something.

I'm posting this here because I've been told to post new feature suggestions in general discussion

Maybe we're a delegation kind of manager? Maybe the Assistant Manager should get off his arse and earn his wages? Maybe we all haven't got the rest of our life available to move each slider a minute amount in the hope of finding just the right amount of closing down.

Maybe, and here is a less facetious answer, if SI really are determined to ensnare the vast swathes of casual gamers in the world, we could learn what we're doing wrong by looking at the changes the assman makes?

You know, in the whole make the game easier for the new guys ethos.

similar reply to the one in the bugs topic, in that the reply was:

exactly my point. Its the clicking back and forth i want to cut back on, not the playing as such. (if youre gonna do it anyway, better do it with 1 click instead of 20 clicks)

I agree he's there to assist me. And you can ask him to set starting lineup etc. why not this?

Horrible not to have this for me as I'm planning to go for 2025

It's advice, you're supposed to be the manager. If you can't be bothered to actually make any tactical changes, why bother playing a football management game at all?

Your role as a manager is to decide whether or not to follow his advice. Just like you don't have to follow his instructions IRL you wouldn't have to click the 'make it happen' button either.

I think it's a great suggestion and would love to see it happen. Now i simply wait till half time to make the changes if i haven't forgotten to do so by then.

We requested a 'Make it so' button for the opposition instructions only in testing. As for the rest, the issue is that the player is having to adapt his game to your instructions, which takes time. Setting the tactics to the player's preference would, long-term, be problematic. For major tactic errors (i.e. the gap between..), having the AssMan just fix it makes he game too easy. There needs to be some user thought involved.

We requested a 'Make it so' button for the opposition instructions only in testing. As for the rest, the issue is that the player is having to adapt his game to your instructions, which takes time. Setting the tactics to the player's preference would, long-term, be problematic. For major tactic errors (i.e. the gap between..), having the AssMan just fix it makes he game too easy. There needs to be some user thought involved.

oppposition instructions are more annoying and would make sense because they are definite instructions instead of "defence too far away from midfield" which is trying to get you to figure out what to do yourself, whereas "show onto weaker foot" is a pretty definite instruction.

It's advice, you're supposed to be the manager. If you can't be bothered to actually make any tactical changes, why bother playing a football management game at all?

Because we all have the right to play the game OUR way, whatever that may be, so can the Fun Police but out please!

Back to the OP, I should like to apply the Ass Mans view to my tactics pre match - OK it wont take into account the opposition but surely the issues such as gaps between Def-Mid & Mid-For would be notable? It would make construction of tactics easier as this is prefeered between matches rather than in game. Having siad that I eagerly await wwfans Postings as they should help a lot, though the Fun Police probably think than guides to tactics are obscene too.

Archived