Turning interviews OFF

I think the option to turn interviews off would be a VERY nice addition. It's ok now but after a few days experience I'll get bored of it and can't be bothered but I can't live with the fear of my ass. saying something stupid and destroying the harmony in my team as it happened sometimes in the demo both in my game and others. Sorry if it's already there I couldn't find it.

Maybe you could hire an assistant manager that has good communication skills.

I personally think it's an übergreat addition. In FM2007 you would get a s***load of items where they ask you to respond to transfer rumours. Now everything is integrated in one session. Great stuff.

Also i like the dynamics between tactics and communication. A coach that is bad in communication or doesn't want to attend press conferences can partly make up for it with a good tactical approach to the game or vice versa. So if you are afraid that your assistant manager will f*** up, you should just go yourself.

Asking for an option to turn off press conferences is like asking to turn off the media aspect of the game alltogether. And that's an integral part of football managing. Although i do think, that press conferences shouldn't be held before and after EVERY match. At a lower league club there really should only be a press conference before and after an important match. And in a top league there should be a lot more of those press conferences, but again not before and after every match.

It would let you feel the weight of an important match and of promotion (or relegation) better.

Actually now that i come to think of it. I don't really know if there actually is a press conference before and after every match. I played the demo with Man City and i certainly had the impression that there was.

Can anyone who played a lower league team say what his impressions were?

Maybe you could hire an assistant manager that has good communication skills.

I personally think it's an übergreat addition. In FM2007 you would get a s***load of items where they ask you to respond to transfer rumours. Now everything is integrated in one session. Great stuff.

Also i like the dynamics between tactics and communication. A coach that is bad in communication or doesn't want to attend press conferences can partly make up for it with a good tactical approach to the game or vice versa. So if you are afraid that your assistant manager will f*** up, you should just go yourself.

Asking for an option to turn off press conferences is like asking to turn off the media aspect of the game alltogether. And that's an integral part of football managing. Although i do think, that press conferences shouldn't be held before and after EVERY match. At a lower league club there really should only be a press conference before and after an important match. And in a top league there should be a lot more of those press conferences, but again not before and after every match.

It would let you feel the weight of an important match and of promotion (or relegation) better.

Actually now that i come to think of it. I don't really know if there actually is a press conference before and after every match. I played the demo with Man City and i certainly had the impression that there was.

Can anyone who played a lower league team say what his impressions were?

I managed Leeds in one game and then took on the Luton challenge, the press conferences happened as often as the top leagues, just with less journalists involved, which is realistic. For example for normal league games with Leeds I had a local journalist and there seems to be a nice touch where you can create good relationships with the journalist, or I suppose a poor one! For a game I played in the third round of the FA Cup against Middlesbrough, my local journalist was there but also so were the TV people. Nice touch

hmm, thanks for the feedback now I have to test how well communicating skill effects it. I think making them an orange item (not required to continue) would fix everything for me. Like IRL managers don't have to do such things I mean it's not a law. Or at least add an "Ignore" button next to attend, send ass.

IRL managers don't have to do such things I mean it's not a law.

In the States, its not a law but its part of the standard contract, obligating the "head coach" to a certain amount of press coverage, interviews, etc. Beyond which, most "head coaches" are able to supplement their income with things like a weekly radio show, etc.

As anyone who's sat through a Marvin Lewis press conference can attest, forcing them to do it doesn't always lead to the most interesting ten minutes :D

edit - No you wont get that if you don't follow the NFL, and perhaps if you do but only in a bandwagon way. Still, imagine the complete opposite of a Joe Kinnear one.

A bit beside the topic, but will there be names for the journalists in the full game? As it is now, all journalists are presented as 'A journalist' and what media they represent. I can understand that there not neccessarily should be names of real life journalists there, but just some random names to make the journalists more recongnizeable and thus make it easier to feel a relationship being founded.

Anyone got the relationship to be anything other than n/a during the demo, by the way?

As anyone who's sat through a Marvin Lewis press conference can attest, forcing them to do it doesn't always lead to the most interesting ten minutes :D

Or a Bill Belichick one. He seems to say only the league-mandated minimum at every press conference.

His description of a player with a broken fibula would be: "He's questionable for the next game, with a thigh injury." :D

In team options, you can set the assistant to handle all press conferences. Just as you can ask him to handle all friendly games...

So not really an issue.

What the OP is trying to say is that he doesn't want his assistant manager to do press conferences so that he wouldn't say things that could disrupt the peace in the team. On the other hand he doesn't want to do it himself either cause it's too much of a hassle. Basically he wants the whole thing turned off.

I noticed the AI does recognize certain words. I stormed out of a press conference after my third loss in a row, throwing some choice parting words at the journalists, and the media report mentioned my "foul-mouthed tirade". Awesome SI.

I wonder who got the job of typing in the 30 most well known swears words? I'm surprised they didn't get a license for "Rogers Profanisaurus".

I often have thought this about Team Talks too. Whenever I let my AM do them, he just cocks them up.

I guess that this is a game that tries to simulate real life, so sending your Assistant is the closest you can realistically get to turning them off.

I think the option to turn interviews off would be a VERY nice addition. It's ok now but after a few days experience I'll get bored of it and can't be bothered but I can't live with the fear of my ass. saying something stupid and destroying the harmony in my team as it happened sometimes in the demo both in my game and others. Sorry if it's already there I couldn't find it.

Yeah like the media would leave you alone if you ask it. why don't ask to implent a wizard togive your players an extra leg.

you can send your assistent so useless thread

Archived