Worried about this demo!!!

I've been a fan, and guaranteed customer for the FM series, and the CM series before FM took over.

I always, always, always buy the game on the day of release, and it's normally the best money I spend that year.

Unfortunately, the demo this year suggest that it absolutely wouldn't be!!! When you have 14 players from your first team squad injured before your first competitive game, it just a bit silly!!!

Couple that with an extremely strong Man Utd midfield having just been completely over run by a very ordinary Hull one, and I'm questioning the sense of buying this game!!! I accept that I want the game to be difficult, but it's unrealistic to suggest that Hull would have over 80% of the possession against a United team playing Carrick and Hargreaves in central midfield!!! I can accept Hull winning, because that could happen, but I can't accept them completely playing United of the park, because that wouldn't!!!

This Dmo is presenting far more questions than answers as to weather it's going to be any kind of improvement on last years game at the moment!!!

Personally, I think its a stronger demo than last years and if you bought that and enjoyed it you will come to love 09. I skipped 08, stuck with 07 and loved it. 09 I was a little worried about with to start with, but I see SI are releasing a day one patch to address a few things (injuries they are looking at) so, if I were you, I'd get this years.

I have a sneaky feeling it's going to be the best yet... *

*injury reduction, match speed and highlights sliders return, match engine loading time reduction and community skins would see chances of this improve.

You problem is that you just expect Man Utd to have more possesion. I'm sure if Fergie went out and said to the lads in midfield - don't bother trying lads, were only playing Hull - he may be surprised by the outcome.

Injuries are most likely going to be fixed with a release day patch.

You problem is that you just expect Man Utd to have more possesion. I'm sure if Fergie went out and said to the lads in midfield - don't bother trying lads, were only playing Hull - he may be surprised by the outcome.

exactly right and this is the same complaint heard from many who manage the big teams and lose.

hilariously, if they lose its the games fault, if they win its their managing skills. haha

A real life situation.

Last night, i played 6 aside against the team 5th (we're 4th) last time we played them was a friendly, they hammered us really, we had barely any shots, and they just dominated the game. This was 3/4 weeks ago? Granted it was a friendly, none of our lads were particularly up for it, but still.

Last night, we beat them 5-2, all over them, all the possession, they scored from 2 quick breakaways, just about the only 2 shots they had the whole game.

My point is, thats football, we are a better side than they are, but sometimes, it doesn't always work out the way you imagine it to, the friendly we went into it thinking we'd hammer them, and we were wrong. Last night, we went into it knowing they were a half decent side so would give us a game, and we were all over them.

If you are such a consistent fan of the series, you should know that the game needs a patch or two before it's 100%. That was the case with 08 and 07. I can't remember further back, alcohol fueled FM all nighters tend to mess with my memory :p

If you are such a consistent fan of the series, you should know that the game needs a patch or two before it's 100%. That was the case with 08 and 07. I can't remember further back, alcohol fueled FM all nighters tend to mess with my memory :p

lol ZING!

i would be a lot more worried if it was impossible for Hull to dominate the Man U midfield. So many more factors come in hand like motivation, fatigue, form of the day, tactics, etc. These random factors that are true to real life are what make this game so fabulous. Go play some championship manager of FIFA manager first or so...

I have uninstalled the FM09 demo now.

I've also cancelled my order.

This is just for the time being, you understand, I'm waiting until FM09 is fully patched and "final".

I'm not making a stance against SI or anything like that, it's just that I've more important things to worry about at the minute.

I did the same with FM07 and FM08 and thoroughly enjoyed both titles in their final guise.

If you're so worried about it, perhaps you should do the same; just play something else for the time being.

I'm on Trainz Railway Simulator for now :cool:

lol, some good replies, an apparently i've made some enemies as well!!!

There's no doubting I'm gonna buy the game, and I'm sure I'll get into it eventually, I just think there's some big inconsistencies in the demo, hopefully they'll all be sorted for the game!!

As stated, I don't expect United to win every game, irl Hull came very close to beating them, Celtic came even closer, but, as crap as it might be for fans of smaller teams, the shock results are normally a result of the smaller team dominating the match!!

As a side issue, I have also played the demo through as Forest and Notts County, and found similar disparities in that a system with the same players will work against some very good teams, and then get embarrassed against a poor opponent. I don't just mean lose to poor opposition, I mean get ridiculously outplayed. The previous versions of the game were extremely good (and frustrating) at simulating games where you preformed but got beaten, this demo doesn't seem to be quite there yet!!!

Your better waiting until the game is totally fixed before buying it, basically the discs that are in production now are bug ridden but by the time of febuary the disc will probobly be patched up a bit so you will not have to d/load it.So the guys that buy it in a month or 2 will already have the game patched up compard to the guys that buy it on day 1 when you have to d/load it because it hasnt been patched on the disc.I might buy the game near christmas then take the game back a few months later and get the full patched disc :p

I have uninstalled the FM09 demo now.

I've also cancelled my order.

This is just for the time being, you understand, I'm waiting until FM09 is fully patched and "final".

I'm not making a stance against SI or anything like that, it's just that I've more important things to worry about at the minute.

I did the same with FM07 and FM08 and thoroughly enjoyed both titles in their final guise.

If you're so worried about it, perhaps you should do the same; just play something else for the time being.

I'm on Trainz Railway Simulator for now :cool:

Good advice, it's a game, games should not cause apopletic fits, if they do YOU have a problem.

Playing Railroad Tycoon 2 myself while I wait for my FML game world to open:D really do wish the oil wells were closer together:(

Could you post a screenie by any chance?

I've deleted the save. Not that I ever bother to post screenies, anyway. I'm too lazy to work out how! If people don't believe me, I just accept it. I like to think I've done enough round here to suggest I'm not the type to just make something like this up. But if not, so be it.

I've deleted the save. Not that I ever bother to post screenies, anyway. I'm too lazy to work out how! If people don't believe me, I just accept it. I like to think I've done enough round here to suggest I'm not the type to just make something like this up. But if not, so be it.

Hahaha, it went WAAAAAYYYYY over the head didn't it!

Hull coming close to beating Man Utd is just not true.

There's always one.

I can accept Hull winning, because that could happen, but I can't accept them completely playing United of the park, because that wouldn't!!!

That was the point being made, and it's fair enough. United could have scored ten against Hull last weekend.

Your better waiting until the game is totally fixed before buying it, basically the discs that are in production now are bug ridden but by the time of febuary the disc will probobly be patched up a bit so you will not have to d/load it.So the guys that buy it in a month or 2 will already have the game patched up compard to the guys that buy it on day 1 when you have to d/load it because it hasnt been patched on the disc.I might buy the game near christmas then take the game back a few months later and get the full patched disc :p

But it only takes a few mins to download and apply a patch! Why not get it now? I am still! You never know, the day one patch may well fix everything, all in one go, just like that! ahem ahem!

Sorry, was just flying on crack lol! Still you never know! As i say im gonna give it a punt!

Personally, I've ditched the demo, because all of the known issues make it almost unplayable.

I just found myself 4-1 down at half time. Two goals from a player standing still until the opposition niccked the ball and scored, one from a goalkeeper's long ball being brought down in one by a League Two striker whilst my defence stand and watch. Both known issues. Add in two injuries to my players before half time, another known issue, and it's impossible to get anything out of the demo.

I like the new features, I think the 3D model is going to work well and if the issues around certain areas are fixed then it will be a good game.

But until then, there's little point.

I didn't say I didn't believe you, it's just some people have been moaning about having similar amounts of injuries, posted a screenie, and there players do not "Inj" next to their name, but "Int".

It is very confusing as they are both in red now, as is "Trv".

Archived