First Season In The Premiership, Derby bug??

i dont know about you, but whenever i play the first season on my own, or online in a clan i have always found Derby county to, unlike here in the real world they actually play very well. And usually come in the top 15, also they sign players like Bojinov and Bendtner and Benjani, making themselves a very good strike force. Now seriously Fm, is this realistic at all??

i dont know about you, but whenever i play the first season on my own, or online in a clan i have always found Derby county to, unlike here in the real world they actually play very well. And usually come in the top 15, also they sign players like Bojinov and Bendtner and Benjani, making themselves a very good strike force. Now seriously Fm, is this realistic at all??

A lot of Derby fans seem to be putting our poor performances down to horrendously bad management by Billy Davies. Obviously if you remove that factor and have Davies behave like a competent manager, then the season could have panned out differently. We certainly shouldn't be finishing 6th though. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by IMT:

In fairness Jewell isn't doing much better.

Thanks for Big Mo though, putting in some great performances for us... icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The bad management is more in relation to bad signings which Jewell is stuck with. Plus you'll never see a bunch of players so lacking in confidence as our lot at the moment. Performances have certainly picked up under Jewell though, even if results haven't.

Isn't this sort of thing what makes FM so enjoyable anyways.

People criticise the game for having teams like Derby do well and Utd get relegated yet we play it and take teams from Blue Square to CL. If it was truely realistic it would be incredibly difficult and take forever to get anywhere in LLM.

Personally I love the way FM can have teams take a totally different destiny to that of real life. Utd's drop in game is well documented in these forums and i'm currently waiting for them to get relegated before I take over and do another Ferguson.

It needs to be fixed for the next update. They regularly get into Europe in the first season and by the second or third they are usually Champions League regulars. Sure teams can step up in class, but not that quickly and certainly not in the first season. They should struggle to win a game, they have no Premier League quality players at the start of the game.

Where does all their money come from? Are they so mega rich in real life? They have spent £102m in four years on my current game.

I know I'm only one person but the range of differences in experience of Derby in my game to others shows just how random the FM world can be:-

2007/2008 16th Premiership

2008/2009 19th Premiership (Relegated)

2009/2010 3rd Championship (lost in SF of Play offs)

2010/2011 10th Championship

2011/2012 13th Championship

2012/2013 22nd Championship (Relegated)

On my first FM08 game Derby went all the way down to League 2 in five seasons, going through tons of managers in the process, then they went bankrupt and got bought out before gaining promotion back to League 1 again.

Haven't got any screenshots to prove this unfortunately because I've since deleted the game but I was shocked they fell so far so fast.

I'm still Derby and after 4 years I've managed to get them into Europe, beating AC Milan along the way...every season, I finish mid table or there abouts. On average I still lose around 12 games a season though.

its all about who you sign, and I think people are right when they slate Billy Davies.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jase1982:

I'm still Derby and after 4 years I've managed to get them into Europe, beating AC Milan along the way...every season, I finish mid table or there abouts. On average I still lose around 12 games a season though.

its all about who you sign, and I think people are right when they slate Billy Davies. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I still think Billy Davies did a remarkable job to get Derby into the Premiership in the first place!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by williamshankley:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jase1982:

its all about who you sign, and I think people are right when they slate Billy Davies. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I still think Billy Davies did a remarkable job to get Derby into the Premiership in the first place! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That he did but after that he was total ***** and left PJ with a bunch of players that are barely CCC quality. Davies should have left after the CCC playoff final like he threatened to do.

Derby came 6th,3rd,2nd,4th,5th and 3rd on my last game. They won the UEFA Cup in the second season and the Champions League in the 4th.

With the US deal announced today, perhaps this thread will seem stupid in the future, but the current version has them enormously overrated.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by morgantjg:

Where does all their money come from? Are they so mega rich in real life? They have spent £102m in four years on my current game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know, but other team have seriously abnormal amounts of cash aswell. Celtic in my game spent well over £80 mil in 3 years. Where the hell do they find that sort of cash?!?!?! They have only sold one player too, to Motherwell for a paltry £450,000!!!

Archived