Urgent! Ish :P Authentication process

depends if u work or not. I have to be up at 6:30 am in the mornings so small chance of me getting it that late at night, but i know if i didint work id get one at night and give it a good run early hours in the morning. If ur in doubt do what i have done many a time for different situations and flick a coin, heads u go to the store 12 am and get it, tails u wait till the day after.

I dont think anything has been officially confirmed but if you get the game early and try to authenticate using steam then I think this will fail until the games official release date. Perhaps someone from SI could confirm or deny what I've said.

I hope they open the authentication process on the Wednesday, because a lot of pre-order people will receive their copy around then, and there'll be an awful lot of people complaning on these forums about having a legit copy of FM09 at their house and being unable to play it (myself included!)

i thought u only need to authenticate it if your using steam to update and/or dont want to have the disc in the drive.

The way I understood it was you had to authenticate your copy after installing it, before you're able to start the game for the first time. A bit like Windows XP Validation.

i thought u only need to authenticate it if your using steam to update and/or dont want to have the disc in the drive.

i asked this awhile back miles said yes dunno bout patch tho i mean about if i went to asda at 12 i could play as 12 is offically day off release

i asked this awhile back miles said yes dunno bout patch tho i mean about if i went to asda at 12 i could play as 12 is offically day off release

Maybe I'm tired or something but I don't understand that sentence above. Please translate.:confused:

i meant if you go asda at 12 it will be 14th miles said in prevoius tread wen i asked same qestion it would work so yes asda at 12 looks good but since then the patch as become an issue dunno wen or what time that will be releassed

EVERYONE needs to authenticate the game to be able to play it for the first time. once its authenticated the disk is not needed, but you have to authenticate it the first time regardless.

if you buy the game at midnight, or the game is dispatched to you earlier i believe you cant authenticate it (therefore cant play it, disk or no disk) until 00:00 14th nov. this is when you can authenticate the game and then play.

so if you buy it at midnight on release day then it should be ok to authenticate and play by the time you get home.

the patch however, may not come at midnight, but it should shortly follow

im not botherd about the patch cus im keeping my demo game, and it wont patch that will it ? but then again im gunna have injury problems still and various other problems that happen without the patch.

Si is there any chance of making the patch work with demo saves ???

Archived