My faith in SI has suddenly changed!

Yep, the last couple of days I have been saying that due to all the problems myself and others were having with the demo that it had probably turned off even getting FM09....things have changed.

I was having major issues just getting a version to play, but eventually I got it sorted and got my first taste last night for a couple of hours.

Probably due to my PC the 3D graphics seem to be a little jumpy at times, they are not all that good for watching replays on incidents either...but I conceed it is the first attempt and no doubt next year will be better. Once I seen the novelty of the 3D graphics I reverted back to the 2D classic view and thats probably how I will play the game at most times....maybe different for massive games.

As for some of the new features I am so far very impressed with a few things - press conferences are great, I was just expecting a question from the press and the chance to add in my own little comment, but the fact you can get asked loads of questions (8 is my most so far) and then it is put into a little 'newspaper type' artice/news item is really good.

The sending Asst Man out to other clubs to see what players they are willing to loan you is a nice addition, although even though I have scouted about 8-10 team no-one has offered any players yet...not too worry I'm sure that will change. Some may moan that the fact you can only send him to one club at a time is rubbish I actually think that is spot on or we would just send him to ask clubs league by league...not very realistic if you ask me.

The new rating system, different and will take time to get used to but again I like it....you may have had two players in FM08 who got a '7' and you would normally think they had an average game....now it may show as player A 7.1 and player B 7.9 - so you know player B did have a good game and was just short of a 8.

The asst man feedback, another fine addtion although it may seem a little too much information....but with FM/CM games of the past the more info the better!!

Player reports by position is brilliant and I really like the little dot you get on the tatics screen which shows if your player is in his preffered position or not.

Many other little things I found were nice too....although in one save wher I am Hearts the apperance bonuses seem a little big - but nothing offering them new contracts didnt sort out!!

So all in all I have to make an humble apology and say well done to all at SI and I am really looking forward to the full version coming out - being honest, I will wait a few weeks and check these forums to see how the bugs issues are first.

Thanks!

I dont know what all the crying about injuries is all about, at teh team I support we constantly have a shocking njury list and has been the same for years....when you look at it in real life there are no teams who are injury free, some get a pretty horrendous run, but thats life in football.

As for bugs - of course there is going to be some - anyone who expects the game to be 100% perfect is just plain silly, the good thing is that SI can fix these issues with a patch or two...not perfect no - but better than nothing.

Ok' date=' sorry for not being perfect in my grammar.[/quote']

It's more bad semantics rather than bad grammar, but I'm just being pedantic :)

Anyway good post and I agree with what you say. I think the initial reaction was to panic, as someone else said above. But aside from the few problems, it's fantastic overall

Archived