Reccomendations for Graphics Card

I'm playing on a Compaq Presario F500 laptop with 1GB of ram and my 3d is slightly jerky and sort of runs in frames. I have a Nvidia GeForce Go 6100 and after trying numerous, things i've come to the conclusion that my graphics card isn't good enough.

I was planning on upgrading my ram for Xmas and i hoped that that would solve my 3d problem but apparently it won't.

I was just wandering if indeed my graphics card isn't good enough to play 3d properly and what i should buy for a new one?

the 3d match engine is very basic and should run on something as low as a 6100, the bigger problem with it being an older chip Si will probably not be testing it or adding it to their support list.

have you considered adding another stick of ram to your notebook... if your Nvidia chip supports turbocache could help it run a bit smoother.

the 3d match engine is very basic and should run on something as low as a 6100, the bigger problem with it being an older chip Si will probably not be testing it or adding it to their support list.

have you considered adding another stick of ram to your notebook... if your Nvidia chip supports turbocache could help it run a bit smoother.

Yeah my laptop has two 512mb sticks in there at the moment so i'm hopefully buying two 1GB sticks for Christmas. Hopefully that should improve it. I'm happy to play 2D until then i just hope it solves it.

Cheers for your suggestion mate.

i have a GeForce 5200 FX and 1mb of RAM and it works fine

I presume you mean 1GB. You're very lucky. Am i right in thinking that a 5200 is not as good as my 6100. That's crazy that it works for you.

I'm currently running a disk defrag and i've cleaned some files out of My Documents in a desperate attempt to improve the 3D.

Thanks for your imput mate.

I had a 6200 LE and it stank, even on low level detail, I have since upgraded to a 9600 which works a treat on the highest level... I recomment changing your card if you are as mad as me! changing it for FM!!!

I have the 9600 GS or something like that with 4gb of RAM. All good...

sorry yes, 1GB

funnily enough doing some research i think the 5200 is just as good as the 6 series, i seem to tell why that is though.

as other threads say though there are a few problems at the momewnt, you might get lucky like i apparently am so hold tight!

I had a 6200 LE and it stank, even on low level detail, I have since upgraded to a 9600 which works a treat on the highest level... I recomment changing your card if you are as mad as me! changing it for FM!!!

I have the 9600 GS or something like that with 4gb of RAM. All good...

I am that mad about FM to be honest. Don't want to fork out too much though. I'm happy to play 2D i'm just praying that a ram upgrade will help.

I am that mad about FM to be honest. Don't want to fork out too much though. I'm happy to play 2D i'm just praying that a ram upgrade will help.

Not sure about that to be honest I had 4gb with the rubbish graphics card. I paid £137 at PC world for the graphics card and the power upgrade. You could get it cheaper from the internet, but I was greedy and didn't want to wait.

Not sure about that to be honest I had 4gb with the rubbish graphics card. I paid £137 at PC world for the graphics card and the power upgrade. You could get it cheaper from the internet, but I was greedy and didn't want to wait.

Thats a bummer. I'll just play the game and enjoy it in 2D. If 3D works randomly by doing something then i'll treat it as a bonus.

Archived