Keepers and shots in the 3d match engine

I am one of the people who first time I saw the 3d match engine wan't a very big fan.

However, after having played some games, I REALLY like it. I think it's a lot more exiting that 2d.

I only have a few complaints. My main one is the keepers. It was talked about before any of us had seen the 3d that it would be important that keepers look realistic. This, unfortunately, they do not.

They never really dive for a shot. Or that is, the way they dive is just to throw themselves on the ground instead of jumping towards the shot. This should be fixed - it would look a lot better if it actually seemed like the keeper was trying to save the shots.

The shots are another complaint I have. They just doen't look quite right. It is most apparent with freekicks. The player's run towards the ball and the way he moves his leg is just not quite realistic looking. Also (I am not sure of this) it seems like everyone is shooting with their left foot?

I have some other complaints but I think they have been mentioned (they are mainly bugs related - such as players moving their legs while standing still and stuff like that).

I didn't think it was very good to start with but then realised that I shouldn't be comparing it to Fifa match engines or anything - that's not what its meant to be - and now I really enjoy watching the matches. I am looking forward to seeing some more long range goals as I have only seen one so far and it looked really good. However as said it's not perfect yet and I think the keepers could be better and it could be a bit more fluid.

Well, in my game the keepers usually jump/dive/attempt a save after the ball flew past him. There seems to be alot of shots that looks like going straight to the keeper and bouncing off. I have only saw it once that my keeper (reina), dived to save a shot. Needless to say it will fill me with so much satisfaction with the implementation of 3d view, if that kind of animation happens more often or if keeper is really flying when he dives to save a shot.

Archived