Are work permits easier to be granted on FM09

The work permit rules are the same as in real life, as has been the case for many years.

Just seems easier I have a Bolivian, Peruvian and Venezualian in my team none have any caps yet work permit granted I am sure it was harder on FM08.

I've only tried to buy one player who needed a permit on the demo, and it was granted almost straight away rather than waiting a couple weeks which has always been the case in previous years. Is this the same for all other players or does it depend on nationality?

It might be current ability vs. club reputation this time. For instance, unless the player is a current regular international, signing for Manchester United or Liverpool would be impossible, where as 1st, 2nd or 3rd division teams can buy them without issue as long as their current ability will clearly improve the squad.

I was expecting to sign Stephen Appiah for Villa but got knocked back, even on appeal.

If you have a work permit feeder club then you should get the permit on appeal. Check to see if you have any affiliate clubs.

Is the work permit application depending on what contract and sum you offer the player?

A Backup player won't get a permit, a Key player will get a permit?

An expensive player will get a permit, a cheaper player won't?

I think they've loosened it a little, which is good!

There is the rule IRL that if a player is an outstanding talent he's able to get a work permit, i know Scum used this for the twins and Arsenal for Denilson.

They have to have played at least 75% of the Nations internation matches or, like mojo_pin1 said, have an outstanding talent like Kalou, denilson, etc.

I think they've loosened it a little, which is good!

There is the rule IRL that if a player is an outstanding talent he's able to get a work permit, i know Scum used this for the twins and Arsenal for Denilson.

I assume you mean Man Utd. :rolleyes:

They have Portuguese dual citizenship, so didn't need work permits.

They have to have played at least 75% of the Nations internation matches or, like mojo_pin1 said, have an outstanding talent like Kalou, denilson, etc.

I'm being pedantic here but if they were required to play at least 75% of the nation's matches then they would need to have played for about a century.

The real life rules are basically as follows:

* Work permits would only be issued to clubs for current international players who have an acceptable international reputation. Such a player would be expected to have played in his international 'A' team for at least the past two seasons and to have participated in approximately 75% of his country's competitive matches during that period.

* If a footballer's work permit were to be extended, then that player would be expected to have been a regular member of his club's first team by playing in the region of 75% of first team games.

* All clubs must provide evidence that they have undertaken a genuine and thorough search of the resident labour market of the UK/EEA, and that no suitable resident player is available.

* Salaries offered to players from outside the EEA should be at the top end of the club's wage structure, unless exceptional circumstances apply, and the total earnings of the club's highest-paid player must be disclosed.

You can appeal if you don't quite meet these criteria. No idea how Man U got the likes of Fabio and Rafael in because they don't meet any of the standard criteria. They must have some expensive lawyers.

I definitely wouldn't say it was easier as I have tried to sign Kallon and Trabelsi on the demo for Portsmouth a both times I am knocked back even after appealling and both are established internationals albeit with lower ranked nations

I'm being pedantic here but if they were required to play at least 75% of the nation's matches then they would need to have played for about a century.

The real life rules are basically as follows:

* Work permits would only be issued to clubs for current international players who have an acceptable international reputation. Such a player would be expected to have played in his international 'A' team for at least the past two seasons and to have participated in approximately 75% of his country's competitive matches during that period.

* If a footballer's work permit were to be extended, then that player would be expected to have been a regular member of his club's first team by playing in the region of 75% of first team games.

* All clubs must provide evidence that they have undertaken a genuine and thorough search of the resident labour market of the UK/EEA, and that no suitable resident player is available.

* Salaries offered to players from outside the EEA should be at the top end of the club's wage structure, unless exceptional circumstances apply, and the total earnings of the club's highest-paid player must be disclosed.

You can appeal if you don't quite meet these criteria. No idea how Man U got the likes of Fabio and Rafael in because they don't meet any of the standard criteria. They must have some expensive lawyers.

Hi, was not totally clear on this I see now. It is like:

The player has to have played in 75% of all Internationl games for his country over the past 3 (or 2 years). So if Brazil would have played 100 matches (Worldcups, Copa america etc.) the players had to in 75 of them to be granted a workpermit.

If the application is denied, is it pointless to keep trying to sign the player?
You can stil sign him and loan him out to a feeder club until he is granted/eligable for a WP

You have to have a work permit feeder club in place first though or the transfer will get cancelled.

I had a work permit refused for Dida when I tried to sign him for Arsenal (hey, its a valid choice!), except he was refused one, which seemed strange for someone who's won 80+ caps for brazil and plays for Milan.

Surely Dida would have Italian as his 2nd nationality he's been at Milan since 2000 (apart from a year long loan spell in South America) in 2001-02.

Maybe it's a data issue for the AC Milan thread?

Surely Dida would have Italian as his 2nd nationality he's been at Milan since 2000 (apart from a year long loan spell in South America) in 2001-02.

Maybe it's a data issue for the AC Milan thread?

Perhaps he hasn't taken Italian nationality, eligibility is not the same as citizenship. That's just a guess though, so stick it in the AC Milan thread anyways.

Archived