'The Future' Patch (need your help to finish it off)

Hi, Guys and girls,

I'm new, so bear with me icon_smile.gif

I have been playing FM08 for a while now, well actually only a few weeks with FM08. However, I got increasingly bored with the game. Much to the fact with the following reasons:

- Players became far too expensive as each season went on making it impossible for any team outwith the big boys to afford to purchase good players.

- The big clubs did not have enough financial transfer money based on their annual income.

- Clubs run out of money very quickly and the only way of making money is to sell players or win the Euro Cup. Unrealistic for most clubs.

- Hardly any world class players came through the ranks. Unless of course you had your own world class youth academy. I'm not saying there were non coming through, just not nearly enough compared to in real life.

- A lot of young players who actually have the potential to become world class player became rubbish. So wehen I went into the edit section, their potential was worse than a Scottish player, making it unrealistic.

- Future players were not implemented into the game. Mimik Muhammed for example.

So what I decided to do was edit a few things to make it more interesting. There are far too much to list just now, but this patch will include:

- Future players, that actually play in real life and fantasy, which will be edited in. For example, I have used the list of players who have earned 100+ caps for their country and edited them back into the game (of which im currently at no.60), with different names of course.

- I have also edited in a few surprises, where smaller nations produce world class players. Remember the likes of George Weah? although nothing special.

- New stadium moves

- Transfer budget increase based on annual income will be implemented also.

- Youth academies will be increased for around 40 clubs making it possible for more world class players to come through, however this has not been over done, only small increases have been implemented. It has been kept realistic.

- Training upgrades have also been put in, reflecting those clubs in real life that have spent millions up grading their facilities. Athletico, the Brazilian club for example.

- Scottish players have been given realistic 'potential ability' upgrades (as they are way underrated and made to look like they were produced from countries such as Estonia and Alfganistan - not slating them but they arent exactly Ronaldinho's), with a few fantasy ones, but nothing over done. Before you gun me down I know most Scottish players are awful but the likes opf McGeady are way underrated.

- Up date transfers for players and managerial positions.

- Much much more...

Anyway, i will produce a full list of what has been changed later. There will be nothing too major, this patch is intended to keep the game beyond the year 2020 interesting. Perhaps its been done already, if it has I won;t bother finishing it off lol, but i doubt what I will be editing has been done all in one patch. Anyho...

I would appreciate your help on this if you don't mind. Before I release the patch I need to know the following:

- What the recent transfers are? I simply do not have time to go through every club in the world, but it would be nice to have a few in their for this patch.

- Managerial changes?

- Any players that need upgrading/downgraded? perhaps some players have caught your eye at Euro 2008. I will not change every player and I simply won't edit silly requests icon_wink.gif

If I don't get any help i'll release it anyway with only a handful of transfers input.

That'll be an "edited databse", not a "patch".

Are you sure you want to do all that? Seems like a lot of work, at the same time making the game a whole lot less realistic.

By all means, create it for yourself - but I doubt you'd get more than a handful of people to download and play with your database.

Don't mean to be rude, but if I were you i'd save my time because hardly any transfers have been completed and by the time they are FM09 will be weeks away. Have there even been that many managerial chanegs that we really couldn't live without? As for upgrading/downgrading, you're just asking for trouble there lol. Everyone has their own view and atm SI get all the hassle for it and everyone moans about them for geting it wrong, do you want people to do the same with you?

as others have said it isnt a patch because you cant change the actual game. an edited database will only be more realistic according to your personal opinion. i have been just doing challenges and messing about with the database, or just not playing as much as it isnt the only game n the world, this is keeping me

entertained until the new gae comes out

Originally posted by SWaRFeGa:

That'll be an "edited databse", not a "patch".

Are you sure you want to do all that? Seems like a lot of work, at the same time making the game a whole lot less realistic.

By all means, create it for yourself - but I doubt you'd get more than a handful of people to download and play with your database.

Perhaps, but its all fun. I'm not going mad on it, ive already edited in 60 players, only have 100 more to do and all I then need to do is edit in transfers for 2008.

Originally posted by sirdez24:

If he's doing it for himself why not upload it anyway?

It will be uploaded for people if they want to play it. I was only trying to get some help to finish it off that's all. I should have it done by the end of June if I do it all myself.

i wasnt having a go or anything. just it isnt a patch its a database edit. and he could save himself a lot of time by downlading the ones others have done on other sites.

But if you enjoy doing it, i like messing around with the editor myself, go for it icon14.gifand im sure anyone wh does use it will be thankful

Personally I don't touch the editor, because any time I do it ruins my game, even on FMM. I used FMM initially just to change my age in the game because it always put me down as 30, but even that caused an error and I lost my original career game icon_mad.gif

Archived