Approx 100 WinRar files added to Program Files after installing Demo.

While going into my Program Files on my hard drive to delete a folder I noticed row upon row of WinRar zip files in there. On checking them I believe them to be from the installation of the Demo. If they are part of the Demo installation why is it necessary to have every version and update of them since 2003?.

Does anyone else have this and if so why haven't they been installed in a simple yellow folder?.

While going into my Program Files on my hard drive to delete a folder I noticed row upon row of WinRar zip files in there. On checking them I believe them to be from the installation of the Demo. If they are part of the Demo installation why is it necessary to have every version and update of them since 2003?.

Does anyone else have this and if so why haven't they been installed in a simple yellow folder?.

Nope, not got that either. I doubt they're anything to do with the game. I'd check again if I were you.

The files are the Runtime & Direct X from the pop up box you get after the demo installs. I think what has happened is that the first time I installed the game it didn't install I got a popup saying that the Runtime Direct X thingie didn't have a verified MSN signature or something along those lines.

I then came here looking for some ideas and found the post where it said to download them direct from MSN downloads which I did and then installed them. I tried again to install the strawberry demo and when it came to the Runtime popup box I thought if I press cancel it will probably roll back the install and so I pressed next and a few moments later got a popup telling me that I already had a newer version of the Runtime etc installed on my machine the box then disappeared and the game had been successfully installed. It is definitely the Runtime files as I remember while watching them try to install the first time being surprised at how many there were. It seemed like they started in 2004 and then it was just one update after the other to the present day. Anyone watching their own installation must have seen the same thing.

Archived