Fm 2007?

Any Recent Database updates out there guys? Asked on Sortitoutsi but no one bothered to reply:(

I like FM 2007 more than 2008 and I don't think I shall get 2009 so I really need a fairly recent update as I have just bought a new PC and installed FM 2007 on it but I now need to update the database before I start a career.

I managed to update my FM 2007 on my old PC with an August 2008 update which was a good update, can't remember where I got it from now though and I can't find it anywhere!

Tried it, no luck though. Someone on there has asked if there is a September update for FM 2007 and the administrator said "Sorry we aren't doing updates for FM 2007"

That sucks!!!!!!!!!! Am I only one that thinks FM 2007 is far better than 2008? I wish I could remember who it was who was making data updates for FM 2007, they seemed to be determined to keep FM 2007 updated to recent tranfers and their database update which I downloaded for my old PC in August was a fantastic update.

Tried it, no luck though. Someone on there has asked if there is a September update for FM 2007 and the administrator said "Sorry we aren't doing updates for FM 2007"

That sucks!!!!!!!!!! Am I only one that thinks FM 2007 is far better than 2008? I wish I could remember who it was who was making data updates for FM 2007, they seemed to be determined to keep FM 2007 updated to recent tranfers and their database update which I downloaded for my old PC in August was a fantastic update.

why didn't the link work

sorry is it because it's compressed.i prefer 2007 than 2008 seems to be quicker

Not sure, I downloaded the file and extracted it to the Football Managaer folder then the Database->db Folder.

Said a lot of errors had occured though and it seemed the database hadn't been installed:confused:

hey look this update worked for me-->

---> http://www.football-manager.info/fileplanet/file/FM2007-Data-Update-Season-08_09-v2.html

there is rapidshare mirror --> http://rapidshare.com/files/144475738/FM2007_Data_Update_Season_08-09_v2.zip.rar

I expected more love towards minor leagues (like Croatia) :(

However it seems major leagues are pretty up to date

hope it works for you

hey look this update worked for me-->

---> http://www.football-manager.info/fileplanet/file/FM2007-Data-Update-Season-08_09-v2.html

there is rapidshare mirror --> http://rapidshare.com/files/144475738/FM2007_Data_Update_Season_08-09_v2.zip.rar

I expected more love towards minor leagues (like Croatia) :(

However it seems major leagues are pretty up to date

hope it works for you

Wow thanks! I wish I could have found that, searched high and low and couldn't find a recent FM 2007 update but you have one right there :D I'll try it out and hopefully it will all go smoothly.

Haha well I just downloaded that and installed it and when I go to start a new game the database isn't there to choose! AAARRGHHHH.

Extract the downloaded file into the following directory: "My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2007/db".

So you will have "My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2007/db/FM2007 Data Update Season 08-09". You will be able to select the database then.

If that didn't work, try reinstalling FM 2007. This update really works for me! Tell us how it went!

I managed to get it working in the end, thank you :) Just what I needed! It runs like a dream on my new PC.

For years I have been on a 512mb ram (upgraded to the maximum it would go!) with a 1.5 ghz processor and I had to play it with no other programs running for it to run smoothly with 8 leagues. Now I have started a new career game with the latest update for it and around 30+ leagues running and it is faster than my old PC when it ran on 8 leagues!!! This is how I always wanted FM to be played, lots of clubs to manage and lots of players to find, I haven't felt this excited about starting a new FM game since FM 2007 first came out!

Archived