FMH2009 - Can you hire/sack staff?

I read somewhere that FMH2008 lacked a key feature like hiring/sacking staff.

Is this still true? Remember that this feature existed in Football Manager 1.0 for ZX Spectrum (48K memory). What would the problem be with implementing this feature?

Staff management is a core aspect of manager games.

For me this feature is way more important than including various third world leagues and 2D pitches. Football Managers should always prioritize English leagues first and then get key features sorted out, after that they can focus on more "exotic" aspects of football.

Because it is a key feature in all management games, even really crappy manager games allow this.

About England. England was always the key country in all manager games, it is after all the home of the sport. I think all leagues down to Conference South/North should be complete before even thinking about other leagues.

Becides I think only a fraction of the players care about exotic leagues compared to England, German, Italy and Spain. I am not English myself so it isn't self interest. It's just how this genre started out and for us LLM players it is vital to have depht in the leagues.

I will of course get the proper FM2009 but if I am to buy the PSP version I need at least the ability to hire/sack staff. Otherwise it isn't realistic.

i dont think that si deem it an importmant feature on the fmh games and there has being no talk of it being on fmh 09.

Also what are these exotic leagues that you are talking about???

The only leagues on fmh are england, scotland, france, italy, germany, spain, belgium, holland, portugal and australia. This is due to the limitations of the psp.

If you like manager games with everything on it then maybe fmh is not for you. It is more of a done down version of the pc game.

Should I remind you that the first Football Manager for ZX Spectrum ran on 48k? We are not talking about revolutionary development here.

Hiring/Firing staff isn't even something unique to begin with. Like I said, it has been there in just about every manager game from day 1. Well maybe not the earliest games but fairly long time at least.

As for exotic leagues. Football isn't even a big sport in Australia so yes, I would prefer completing the English leagues before eve considering Australia.

It would be a reason to buy this on PSP as well of course.

So the real question is whether it will be included at all or never. I just think these kind of base features would have been more important than 2D pitches. Didn't basically all CM games have this from the very first game? The staff is to me a key tool to shape your team and take a crappy team from the bottom to the top. You can't afford to buy cool star players so you have to work with what you got. Clearly the LLM gamer wasn't a high priority then.

Maybe but I always hoped FHM would be kinda like the early CM games. Quick and simple yet some depht. I never wanted the same depht as Fm2009.

I love my PSP and this is exactly the type of game I would like to buy at some point. I will keep monitoring the developments at least and maybe something is added in the future.

I meant both, I didn't know the status about earlier versions. Just read some reviews that mentioned.

What is the status on this for FHM2009 then? Maybe this is one of the tweaks they never told about.

If not then I suppose It is one of the features I hope they add for FHM2010.

I meant both, I didn't know the status about earlier versions. Just read some reviews that mentioned.

What is the status on this for FHM2009 then? Maybe this is one of the tweaks they never told about.

If not then I suppose It is one of the features I hope they add for FHM2010.

they have never mentioned that it would be on, mind you nobody has ever mentioned it before.

Well, the lack of it has been mentioned in various places as one of the downsides with FHM. I just couldn't imagine

that it was such a low priority. I didn't buy 2008 because I hoped it would be in 2009. Now it seems I have to wait a few

more years or hope that a future Champ Man handheld fixes this issue.

I still think this is more important than graphical enhancements etc.

Well, the lack of it has been mentioned in various places as one of the downsides with FHM. I just couldn't imagine

that it was such a low priority. I didn't buy 2008 because I hoped it would be in 2009. Now it seems I have to wait a few

more years or hope that a future Champ Man handheld fixes this issue.

I still think this is more important than graphical enhancements etc.

tbh i dont know why it is such an important feature. It doesnt really add anything to the game because at the end of the day its called football manager, therefore it should be about the football manager, you and not about your backroom staff.

We are talking about the Assistant Manager here. They are vital to Managers.

Scouting, Physios, Coaches are all vital aspects of building a succesful team. They are not something optional. They are all part of the Manager Staff.

Furthermore, they are vital if you mean to play LLM properly. In LLM you are not allowed to do your own searches. You need to use scouts and that makes hiring better scouts very viable.

It would be interesting to suggest the removal of staff management from the real game and see what reaction you would get :). Probably a firing squad or something like that.

There are scouts' date=' there are assistant managers, there are physios and coaches. You just cannont hire/sack them[/quote']

I know that now. I strongly disagree with the notion that they are something "fringe" for a manager. A person who says that knows very little about how real managers work.

The game was always a compromise on how real managers work and what to focus on for the computer game. I think CM/FM strikes a good balance. Now it is a question on what to include in the FHM version.

To me the priority is this over eg. 2D pitches, Turkmenistan Leagues etc.

I havent ruled out buying FHM2009 yet btw. I just say that I am a bit disappointed by the lack of this feature. Could still be a fun game.

assigning your own staff based on their individual stats would me a good inclusion imo. it would add extra personalisation to the game.

however, this could take up memory (i know you mentioned it didnt in previous versions) but to make it up to 'fm standard' it could take up more memory than usual, so this would mean knocking out other features, eg 2D pitch, extra leagues, which i cant wait to have.

so we will need someone from SI to answer this for us

Isn't it possible to use memory sticks for some parts? I have no idea how PSP works in that department so I am just guessing.

Obviously new leagues are interesting too but I am just saying that before they go too exotic with the league choices they could take a look at this.

Worst case they could just have generic random staff.

Isn't it possible to use memory sticks for some parts? I have no idea how PSP works in that department so I am just guessing.

Obviously new leagues are interesting too but I am just saying that before they go too exotic with the league choices they could take a look at this.

Worst case they could just have generic random staff.

well i think everything has to be on the UMD really

Well it is supposed to simulate something so yes, less gamey.

Finding good players is nice but it should be made by your scouts. This is a core part of the LLM rules. You cannot use the search function.

2D wasn't part of the earlier games either but now it is so there's no feature that isn't possible if the hardware allows it.

i think marcus is getting at one of my points that the scouts should be able to find you the odd hidden gem which as many of us has said the scouting system really had to be improved for 09 as hardly anybody used it properly on 08

Well it is supposed to simulate something so yes, less gamey.

Finding good players is nice but it should be made by your scouts. This is a core part of the LLM rules. You cannot use the search function.

2D wasn't part of the earlier games either but now it is so there's no feature that isn't possible if the hardware allows it.

what are these LLM rules you keep talking about???

Here Crickle:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=31330

They are not laws or anything, just something to make the experience more realistic and in my book more fun. Ever since the first FM I have tried to play that way. Not religiously but still to a point.

As for scouting, what ridley says. I hope it is looked into at least for future releases.

My dream is to have a handheld version with the same depht as the earlier CM games. Yet not as complex as the newer FM games.

Archived