Going on holiday

Have I missed something? I assume this isn't a bug, because it hasn't been posted anywhere, but whenever I try to go on holiday, it just takes me straight to the Status screen. The option to go on holiday is there, it's just that it links to the Status screen instead. :confused:

I don't normally bother much with demos, so I'm not sure if it's normally a feature that holidaying is disabled on demo games.

Cheers.

I asked the same thing yesterday, I thought I was just being a bit thick.

What is the point of taking a holiday in a 6 month demo?

I'm not one for spending pre season playing friendlies and usually just fast forward to the start of the season.

Oh good, I wasn't being thick then.

This time... :p

I always get my Ass Man to play friendlies for me, although I often arrange some of them myself. Mostly I can't be bothered with the process of making 11 substitutions or whatever in order to get everyone match fit for the season - the Ass Man does that so much better.

Mind you, he does sometimes miss the odd player out. At Werder Bremen in FM08 I played ~10 friendlies during the winter off-season to keep fitness up, get a bit of cash and finish off by thrashing a few Faroese clubs to get morale in tip-top condition for the recommencement of the season, but my Ass Man never once picked Diego for one of those matches...which annoyed me because he was the one player on Very Poor morale and a few 10-0 wins against Faroese clubs would have fettled that :(

I was wondering who would say that, and top of the list was glamdring :D

I usually don't even go so far as playing pre season with Ass Man controlling the team, as soon as I start the game I make offers for players, offer my contract and then holiday through to the first day of the season.

What about the players you want to buy and sell? I wouldn't trust my Ass Man to handle all that after I have put players up for sale or put in offers!

I play about 2 weeks of pre season, which gives me enough time to make offers, have them accepted and make the contract offer, as soon as that's done I go on hols. If no-one bids for any of my players in those two weeks then so be it and I set the holiday instructions to reufse all offers in the time i'm not in charge.

To be fair I only said it this time because I had other stuff to post so I just tagged it on at the top - I wouldn't have dedicated a whole post to so pointless and childish a response just for the sake of it :)

You really are an example to us all. :)

I play about 2 weeks of pre season, which gives me enough time to make offers, have them accepted and make the contract offer, as soon as that's done I go on hols. If no-one bids for any of my players in those two weeks then so be it and I set the holiday instructions to reufse all offers in the time i'm not in charge.

Bah! You're far too organised! I'm generally still desperately scratting around trying to tie up last minute signings as the transfer window is about to close after a pre-season full of failed negotiations and whatnot for players I want. This mostly because I never have enough cash so have to try to tease bids out of other clubs for the players I don't want without transfer listing them for a pittance...then make offers for new players, etc, etc, and before I know it I'm getting the message about the transfer window closing :(

Archived