Vanilla to Strawberry with no effect

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere but I couldn't see anything on it:

I downloaded the vanilla demo on release night cos my attempts to download the strawberry kept stalling. I managed to get the strawberry one downloaded yesterday so un-installed the vanilla and installed it. I started a new game after install but nothing seems to have changed. I have no logos, pics or anything else that was supposed to be in the full version. Any ideas?

• SI Staff

You need to turn off Skin Cache so that the game knows to look for more graphics. Both demos are essentially the same but it won't know to look for new graphics the vanilla demo didn't have

You need to turn off Skin Cache so that the game knows to look for more graphics. Both demos are essentially the same but it won't know to look for new graphics the vanilla demo didn't have

cheers Ter, this was exactly the same problem i had. was getting worried it would have the same effect on the full game aswell which would have been annoying! will try that later ta!

• SI Staff
cheers Ter, this was exactly the same problem i had. was getting worried it would have the same effect on the full game aswell which would have been annoying! will try that later ta!

Nah, because you've already ran the game it will store a cache file. When you then install the strawberry demo it will find the cache file and load that rather than look for new graphics. Once you've got your graphics displaying you can put skin cache back on if you don't plan on adding anything else.

The full game will not be affected by that

Archived