Percentage of profit from next sale question

If the new club sells my former player at a loss, does that i don't get any money?

For eg, i sold a player for 1 million. But the new club could only sell him off for 500000. Does that mean I will not get anything under the clause?

You get a percentage of what they sell him for, profit or loss is irrelevant. If you have a 10% sell on then in your example you will get 50,000 when they sell him.

Ok...then how is it different from the other clause?

You get a percentage of what they sell him for, profit or loss is irrelevant. If you have a 10% sell on then in your example you will get 50,000 when they sell him.

That's the Percentage of Next Sale Clause.

The Percentage of Profit From Next Sale is the percentage of the profit made on the player. So yes, if there is no profit made when he is re-sold you will receive nothing.

Ok...then how is it different from the other clause?

I think Glamdring's got the wrong end of the stick.

Percentage of Profit clause = If they make a loss, you get nothing.

Percentage of Next Sale = Whatever they sell him for, you'll get a part of it.

just wondering do people here use these clauses or do they prefer to pay much more upfront, for me i havent played a game longer for 5 seasons but for people who have played longer seasons is it financially better to do this or not?

Ah yes, sorry...bad idea answering questions that look at a glance to be about long-term features when a new version has just come out! I didn't realise there is a new clause so just read it as referring to the old one.

I reckon if they make a loss then you should get a percentage of that - i.e you have to pay them more money :p

just wondering do people here use these clauses or do they prefer to pay much more upfront, for me i havent played a game longer for 5 seasons but for people who have played longer seasons is it financially better to do this or not?

Depends on who you're buying or selling - and why.

As a smal team I always use this when selling, you never know if that player later is being sold to top team in Europe for lots of cash, then you get a nice present. Keeps me in the black with my finances.

When buying I try to avoid these clauses. It is a real bugger thinking you sold a player for 1M euro and to discover that 15% of that is going back to his former team.

Generally I find that when I include a sell on clause the player never moves again and when I don't he moves for millions!

In FM08 I recently just sold Breno from Werder Bremen to AC Milan for £12.5 million +50% sell on. I won't be playing the game long enough to find out if it was worth while, but at the time I sold him it seemed like a decent punt even though there aren't too many clubs to move up to from AC Milan.

What annoys me is when the chairman intercepts offers with no sell on clause and accepts them when it is for a young player who is moving to a club from which he will almost certainly move on upwards again in a few years.

• 7 months later...

I feel this part of the game needs looked at.

Playign as Man City, every player I sellI include a 50% of next sale clause. I sold De Jong for £25 million and 50%. I doubt very much a club IRL would agree to this.

Also, when I offer a player to clubs, I ask for the fee plus 50%. Some clubs offer it, and some clubs - who cannot afford the full fee, offer a lower amount than I asked and changed the clause to 50% of the profit! Surely they wouldn't do this as they are offering les up front and less from a potential sale.

If I played as club with no cash, I'd be offering 50% of next sale rather than the profit option as it is much more attractive to the selling club.

Archived