How old were you when you got your son?

Hi, if I have understood correctly you can get a son in the game, so how old were you in the game when that happened?

I'm 40 in the game so if he shows up in the game as a 15 year old I guess me and the wife had a little fun when I was 25, so maybe I have to wait a little longer...

Are there other stuff than age to take into consideration?

Are there other stuff than age to take into consideration?

I think the main thing is luck... I must have played about 20 different games in 07 and 08 over the course of a good 20 seasons and never had a son (ingame :p)

Maybe it is because I started at age of 30(+) and you have to be working as a manager already in order to conceive a son who will make it into your team ;)

well... i'd like it to happen to me... but i'd hate it to happen to me...

i'd like it just cause i'm curious...

i'd hate it cause he would probably suck... and then i'd have to sell him to an extremely low league club from japan... for about... 0€...

in worst of cases i'd have to stick with him...

Does the son only have your managers last name or is it written somewhere else that he is your son?

He has you last name and nationality and has you as favourite personnel. Also, he will always (I think) come up through the youth academy of the club you are managing.

It is not written anywhere that he is your son and you do not get informed about it. It is a bit of an "Easter Egg" really. The first you will hear about it is when you get that message saying a new batch of youngsters have been promoted to your youth team from your academy, and one of them will have your surname etc.

What that means is if your manager surname is exists in the database already (e.g. it is a common name such as Smith, Jones, Taylor etc) you will have a very hard time trying to work out if a particular player is your son.

What you need to do is have a manager name that is extremely rare for someone of your nationality or ideally completely made up. And even then I'm only 99.9% sure you can say that it is definitely your son (because I can't say for sure whether the game co-opts your manager surname for use in the game. I doubt it.)

When I got my son, his primary nationality was that of the country that I was managing in (Portugal) and his second nationality was mine (Dutch). He had me as favourite personnel (though to be fair 90% of all my youngsters did) but the clincher was his surname, which was completely fictitious and not a real surname at all. That is what made me convinced he was my son. If my surname had been a real one and in common usage, I probably would never even have noticed.

Archived