"For The Fans!" Yeah. Right.

Man this option is as worthless as ever.

As Boro I used it in back-to-back games against Newcastle and Sunderland. Our only fierce rivals. Response? Nothing. From everyone.

That includes the two Boro lads, Downing and Wheater.

Either make it mean *something* or get rid of it. I could use a motivating team talk if I know this option is utterly worthless. How many iterations is this?

Pelican this the FIRST time I've used it all season. In December. I specifically left it for these fierce rivals game.

Oh BTW this was also the Team Talk the Ass Man suggested. (Just as he is now the week after, against Fulham for some reason).

It simply DOES NOT WORK. It never has. It's another thing that has needed sorting for years.

I find 'for the fans' to be the one option that my players don't consistently find some negative in. All the others seem to lead to the opposite effect of what I wanted.

Precisely, it's the most neutral comment IMO so it's the one I use most often. Wishing the team luck or saying you think they can win has a negative effect, expecting them to win or telling them not to get complacent is as bad, if not worse.

Precisely, it's the most neutral comment IMO so it's the one I use most often. Wishing the team luck or saying you think they can win has a negative effect, expecting them to win or telling them not to get complacent is as bad, if not worse.

I like to save 'for the fans' for really big home games. Home against fiercest rivals, or a cup final or semi-final. You can get just that little boost off of it.

I find that 'wish luck' generally doesn't give too many negatives.

I like to save 'for the fans' for really big home games. Home against fiercest rivals, or a cup final or semi-final. You can get just that little boost off of it.

I find that 'wish luck' generally doesn't give too many negatives.

i never use "wish luck" until know....

if u usually use "for the fans" for big home games what would u do in everytime u play home or away?

i never use "wish luck" until know....

if u usually use "for the fans" for big home games what would u do in everytime u play home or away?

If you search on the forums there is a pretty good guide, called something like 'wolfsong's guide to team talks'. Obviously i don't have a standard talk that I use every time, that'd be unrealistic...

It works for me but only for certain teams at certain times. There must be a stat somewhere which determines how successful it is at certain times and clubs. Wish luck is awful unless your Barnsley against Liverpool or chelsea :p. Otherwise it just means you'll either be lucky and win from offside goal or get screwed over. eg sending off!

I only use it once a season agains my biggest rival and seems to have a good affect but 1 thing i would say telling the lads the pressure is off in a match against a much bigger team works REALLY well first season in the prem on 08 and i picked up a lot of points against the top 4 that kept me up.

Man this option is as worthless as ever.

As Boro I used it in back-to-back games against Newcastle and Sunderland. Our only fierce rivals. Response? Nothing. From everyone.

That includes the two Boro lads, Downing and Wheater.

Either make it mean *something* or get rid of it. I could use a motivating team talk if I know this option is utterly worthless. How many iterations is this?

It's because Boro don't have any rivals. Small town in Yorkshire.

I'm a serial hater of team talks, give me a big button labelled "TEAM TALKS OFF".

:thup: I haven't had too many bad experiences with team talks, but I just do the same thing over and over again each time, For the Fans, Encourage if 1-0, Pleased if 2-0 blah blah blah. I'd rather just not have to do it all, setting the Ass Man to take them is not an option as it usually leads to players becoming unhappy.

The other problem is, after a while, every possible option is 'exhausted' and I check the feedback and more often than not it is "Doesn't seem to be listening".

Well, I wouldn't be surprised after 30 years of cycling through the same 6-8 lines! The personal reactions get rarer.

I was Rochdale playing against Werder Bremen, and my Asst. Man. wanted to tell the players "You can win tonight!" :D

A bit of belief can go a long way! What do managers nearly always seem to say after their team has scored a surprise win? "We believed we could do it."

For the fans is something I use quite often when I'm the underdog.

For example, say I'm managing Bolton and we are facing Man Utd if we manage to get to half time level - I find that it does wonders for the players.

But usually, I choose not to say anything.

The only team talks I tend to use are "You can win this" or "For the fans" in big games. I used "You can win this" for 5 seasons straight with Newcastle and it worked wonders.

"For the fans" has worked wonders for me, when I am a smaller team against a top flight team. That's about the only time it worked.

• 2 weeks later...

I always use 'I expect a win' then at half time, We can win this if I am level or 1 goal down. If I am winning I use 'Keep it up'. I am on top of the epl table with 14 wins from 14 league games. 8 points ahead of 2nd place

I'm not debating Team Talks though.

I'm debating the absolute pointlessness of the "For the Fans!" option. Which doesn't seem to fire up anyone. Even local lads, in derbies, against fierce rivals, @ Home.

If it's that useless it should be either changed or removed.

Pelican this the FIRST time I've used it all season. In December. I specifically left it for these fierce rivals game.

Oh BTW this was also the Team Talk the Ass Man suggested. (Just as he is now the week after, against Fulham for some reason).

It simply DOES NOT WORK. It never has. It's another thing that has needed sorting for years.

Must remember to use your cheat. Wait for big game and use the "its for the fans" message. It'll surely win me the game.

Home and your opponent is your rival: "For the fans!"

Likely outcome: no effect based on feedback, but this always guarantess me an excellent 1/2 performance by my team.

Too many people are missing the point still though, that is EXACTLY how I've used it and it has had no response from any player. And I've just used it at Home against Newcastle.

That's four times in Season 1. All against Fierce Rivals. Twice at Home. NOT A SINGLE RESPONSE.

Capiche?

im very surprised team talks never been worked on to be honest, it's been in the game 2 years now or is it 3? and yet as a amanager i feel we are limited, some of the options are worthless or don't make sense, "tell the team they can win this match" i mean technically your team can beat any team

I hate the teamtalks, even though they are an important part of the game to be more realistic...

I hate them because if I do it myself I end up conceding 1-2 goals in the first 5-10 minutes of the first/second half... So annoying...

im very surprised team talks never been worked on to be honest, it's been in the game 2 years now or is it 3? and yet as a amanager i feel we are limited, some of the options are worthless or don't make sense, "tell the team they can win this match" i mean technically your team can beat any team

ot works. tag the box with your players motivation during matches and then u see effects like getting motivated and playing well

Too many people are missing the point still though, that is EXACTLY how I've used it and it has had no response from any player. And I've just used it at Home against Newcastle.

That's four times in Season 1. All against Fierce Rivals. Twice at Home. NOT A SINGLE RESPONSE.

Capiche?

If you read what you quoted, wolfsong says that it gives no respones in the feedback, but your players perform well. My experiences are pretty much the same. Any "big" home game (rivals, later stages of cups, challengers for league position etc), I use it, and generally, my team does perform well - and in quick, unscientific tests where I've replayed a game a few times with different talks, this seems to stand up. Sure, the ass man says nothing happened, but I really don't care what my ass man says, only what happens on the pitch.

So maybe there's a problem with feedback, but I'd definately not say it's useless.

If you read what you quoted, wolfsong says that it gives no respones in the feedback, but your players perform well. My experiences are pretty much the same.

And how on earth are you, or he, attributing this to the Team Talk when the game tells you there's been no noticeable effect. Pish tosh I say.

If it evoked a positive change in a player it would say so, just like it does for every other kind of Team Talk.

It worked, albeit limitedly, in previous versions. But something is seriously wrong with it this time. It does nothing ever (or is reporting wrong.

I've now used it half a dozen times. No response at all. From 66 players. It's broke I tell you.

Archived