(Demo) Confidence levels

I have three players I signed at the start of my game as Huddersfield Town on the demo who are causing my board confidence rating for signings made to drop.

The thing is of these players one is a goalkeeper who was signed as a back up to the first team and the other two are 18 year olds I signed as "decent young players" after taking them on trial.

None of these players would be expected to play in the first team (apart from the keeper and then he would only figure if my regular first team keeper was injured, suspended or had a severe drop in form), yet for all three confidence about their signings is very low and accompanied by the comment "The fans are disappointed player x has not played more games for the club."

All are in the reserve team and all are playing regularly for the reserves as you'd expect for players with either back up or youngster contracts.

Not a major problem, but it will have a massive negative impact on the game for anyone who likes to try and bring youngsters through. Anyone else seen this?

Sorry to hear this is still in; I was hoping that the "Confidence - signings" section would tend to ignore Backup and Young Player signings, especially on free transfers or very cheap transfers. Even better might have been seeing the fans get mildly excited because some 17-year-old is lighting up the Reserve league scoring chart..

I'm dissapointed to hear this too. I can't wait to tear the 'new' confidence system apart on 09.

All I can say is, that on 08 the confidence was mostly cosmetic - it's a feature that I never used on 08 so it shouldn't have too much effect. Annoying, none the less.

Funny thing is I signed a lot of youngsters on FM2008 and never saw this before...... It seemed there that the fans pretty well ignored players in the reserves and if you moved players there (either newly signed youngsters or current first team players who were performing poorly), the concerns about them on the confidence page disappeared...... So I wasn't even aware this was an existing issue.

Oh well. Would be nice if it could be sorted.

This was definitely one of the subjects that I think most 'managers' were looking forward to working a little better than before. As Neji says, some of the confidence stuff ends up being mainly cosmetic, but it can be a little annoying and anything that is annoying can take something away from ejoyment of the game.

If it is still a problem on the final release of FM09, i shall simply rise above it, be the bigger man and not moan. I have dealt with it for this long with FM08, therefore i can certainly cope with it in FM09.

Archived