Installing boxed version on DVD over network

Howdy,

After many years away from FM I have been drawn back in and lost most of this week to the demo! (superb!). I am playing on my Asus eee (has no optical media drive). Purchase via Steam would be the logical option for such a machine but I love having a a hard/real version (retail box) in hand. So, to the question! Will it be possible to install over a networked DVD drive? Or copy the DVD contents to my eee and proceed to install? I am guessing due to the nice new authentication procedure getting the game installed will be my only problem...

Cheers!

Ste

Definitely the second option won't work. First option I'm not sure how you are going to be doing it so I can't say. Beg, steal or borrow a drive would be the thing to do. Also I'm wondering does your computer support the minimum requirements, they seem small...

Runs the demo just fine! I have 2gig of ram and have a 901, 1.6 atom cpu, solid state drives. Just no optical drive to speak of...

Standard network sharing of the drive off my desktop was going to be my first port of call.

Ste

Archived