Bosman Ruling in FM08

Tell me if im wrong but i was under the impression that players who are 24 and over with 6 months left of a contract can be approached and offered a contract. I find in the game i'm playing this is not the case with all the players in my game. Very frustrating. I have the up to date patch so is this a fault in FM2008?? Any help.

playing in england and approaching english players. From 1st of jan you can approach some but not all??

Under Rule K.2, an out of contract player, who wishes to move to another club, must wait until the third Saturday in May before he is able to talk to a new club and only has until the 1st of July to agree to move. The practice of entering into a contract to sign for another club six months prior to the expiry of a current contract only applies to players for British clubs where they have negotiated to move to a club in another part of the world in accordance with the FIFA rules. Otherwise, unless a player has the consent of his current club to approach other domestic clubs, then Rules K.2 and K.5 (or their equivalents in the other domestic Leagues) require the player to wait until a current season is over.

Thank god for 'copy & paste'!

Archived