Rangers Money Boost!

I am playing with rangers in the FM09 demo and in November I get the message

"The board are pleased to announce that as a result of an improvement in the clubs finances, they are in a position to give you a transfer budget of £26.5 million".

Has anyone played with rangers on the new demo and if so has this happened?

Its just a shame i got the extra money after the transfer window closed. :(

Obviously i cant speak for your game....

But when i started my Rangers 09 demo campaign i got a message that David Murray was going to sell the club and that they actually had a buyer lined up.

Maybe the change in management that seems to be part of the Rangers game this year can lead to a dream transfer kitty?

It should make the game more fun, cant remember in 500 hours of FM08 Rangers ever getting a new Chairman.

And thats with me only ever playing Rangers, ive even been running the game on holiday today and the Old Firm seem to realy suffer round about 2016... Celtic came 5th in the SPL, Rangers 3rd with Dundee United and Motherwell 2nd and 1st respectively.

Crazy stuff like that and not a single Chairman change.

Did see Celtic get bought by a nutcase once though... £40m budget per season.... That was actually fun though.

• SI Staff
I am playing with rangers in the FM09 demo and in November I get the message

"The board are pleased to announce that as a result of an improvement in the clubs finances, they are in a position to give you a transfer budget of £26.5 million".

Has anyone played with rangers on the new demo and if so has this happened?

Its just a shame i got the extra money after the transfer window closed. :(

There's no way Rangers should be getting anywhere near this amount of money in the game, especially not in the first season. Unless of course there is a board takeover.

No it isnt your just saying that because your a celtic fan and biased !!

For a new owner to go in and buy Rangers, pay DM the money he has relocated into his other companies and then put out a £26m transfer kitty, come on even with blue glasses on it must sound a bit unrealistic.

Your playing FM 2008...a bunch of rich arabs buy your team (Manchester City) and give you a blank cheque for transfers..Do you come on here and complain to SI that its unrealistic and would never happen?? No-one knows the future...there are plenty of Rich American/Northern Irish/Scottish fans of Glasgow Rangers that "could" invest in the 'Gers...Fm is supposed to simulate football...its a game..i think these touchs make it more exciting and interesting..

It happening outside the transfer window does highlight one issue that slightly annoyed me in previous FMs of certain game events not taking account of things like the transfer window - giving extra funds is one, but most annoyingly I have twice had a player hand in a transfer request (wanting to move to a bigger club) at the start of September. He had the whole of the summer to put in his request while the transfer window was open and then he goes and throws his toys out of the pram the day after the window closes, leaving me with an unhappy player who is one of my highest earners :(

On my Rangers game in the demo started with £1m teransfer kitty, although the balance was around the 17-20 mark.

I asked for more cash straight away and got told no. Game crashed!

Went back to where I was and then waited till I was in the CL and asked again (now first time of asking) and was then given an increase to £6m. To me very realistic with the now guarenteed new revenue from the CL.

Only upto the end of Septmenber, but if their is a cash boost in November then the players I wanted that were to much could well be on their way. Wait it's only 6 months and I'll be starting again come next Friday but will be good to see if it happens in my game to.

can't wait to start my rangers game now! decent squad now aswell with mendes and as much as it pains me to say it - kenny miller.

a board takeover with millions to spend, sounds awesome!

(digoutyoursoul - totally agree, how many man city fans saw that one coming?? these things can happen!)

Archived