Why do players stand there during play?

(BTW not seen anyone slide yet, all tackles seems be put in tackles).

Anyway On the 3D engine, players tackle, and get the ball, they stand still for about 5 seconds, by this time the other player has got up and is about to make a tackle on the other player.

This happens outside of the box where the player tackles and gets the ball, instead of shooting or passing he stands there, hands to hips for 5 seconds.

Whats up with that?

You know when players in real life sort of stroll forward and look up to see who is available to pass to, that's what I expect is happening, except there is the correct animations to show this so it looks weird

Although I think it is a bit excessive anyway, it should be tweaked to be a shorter length of time imo

i think the 3D is very much just a starting point for SI this year. i expect much more in the future like with the development of 2D. its a good start but things like this do annoy me quite a lot and the 2D is so good now that i have found myself using 2D.

It's cause it isn't PES. In real life players actually have a few seconds on the ball, especially in defence.

Also I wanna add that it's not as long as people are making it out to be. Probably just looking up for the pass or something. Also the 3D isn't perfect don't treat it as a perfect representation of every little thing the player will do. Some stuff is just not shown whether they are looking up or if they are out of options.

When players look up they still have the ball in motion, they are still jogging. They don't just stand still.

i agree as a rangers fan ferguson is an exsample of a player who looks to pick out a player he does not just stand still looking who to pick out he moves abit to pick out a player.but the match engine is 4/10 for me when watching a full match but if you watch the key bits instead i rate it at 8/10 as i nthe full match the players stand still more and put the ball out of play when there is no need for it but in the key bits the play looks better.plus you see more sliding tackles ect.plus does anyone go on youtube who downloaded steam to get the demo the reason i am asking this is because since i done this the videos i watch on youtube do not load fully up the red bar thing stop a wee bit in as this happened to anyone else.i have got to the end of the demo anyway and then deleted the steam from my computer but youtube is still ****ed up.

In FM08 my players used to always stand around for too long when we had an attacking corner and it was cleared. Whatever instructions I set none of my players are ever in the position to receive the ball and none of them make any attempt to go and get it either - they just doss around while the opposing players all come out and counter-attack. I would hope that was better in the FM09 engine because it clearly wasn't some graphical update bug or anything like that, just attacking players not reacting to a cleared ball. Come to think of it my players defending a corner rarely push out to close down the the ball after making the first clearance either, they just stand around :(

Why is the list being made public with the patch and not before? They might have missed something?

Because they won't know what's exactly in the patch till it's ready to be released. Small changes in the code can introduce much bigger problems, as with any complex program. Some fixes may have to be left till 9.0.2 since there is not much time to introduce them for the release day patch.

I don't get the big issue though, maybe it's just the way I play, but the longest I've seen is 1-2 seconds (bit more for keepers), which defenders do have, even in the EPL. Remember early-mid '90s Liverpool and how long their defenders used to take on the ball?

Archived