child labor laws???

TBH I don't know a great deal about the ins and outs of this law but I doubt that under 16 footballers would be considered to be exempt from the game, especially seeing as though they WANT to be footballers (rather than be stuck in a sweatshop MAKING footballs)

EDIT: But if it is the case that they are removed then the PC brigade have gone yet another step too far :|

yeah but it semes the Mexican researchers made sure Galvan appears in the game as a 16 year-old by changing his birth year to 1992 from 1993 even though Miles had mention he was too young and wouldn't be in the game. Nice one ;)

Also let me add Galvan had debuted for his A team (Cruz Azul) at the age of 14-15, so he is a rare case overall and Adu was playin gin the MLS at 14, so U-16 can and do break into professional football from time to time.

in a world where the bbc are suspending people 4 the same things channel 4 has a program about (phonejacker) it would not suprise me in the slightest what will the point be of playing the game if you cant bring player through your system!!!!!i prid myself on buying the best under 16 players and developing them to be greats!!!

Hold up there are still 16 year-olds in the game and players generated by the game in that come through the ranks have always started as 16 year-olds. Players not included in the game are ones who are 15 and younger at the start date of the game that's all. I mean how many players were in the game last year that were 15 and younger? at mot 10 and the only one with real potential Galvan is still in the game as a 16 year-old anyway. So you complain for nothing.

there was loads i play with most countries loaded so there is a lot of players under 16 the ones im more worried about not being in the game are the ones that look like english stars of the future.......not everyone wants to buy Brazilians and Mexicans!!!!!

Are they present as 15 year-olds? All regens start at 16, so I don't really understand why you felt the need to state that they weren't regens.

I never claimed you wanted to sign Brazilianz and Mexicans, but out of all the 15 year-old and younger players in the game the only one with substantial potential was Galvan. I don't want to get into the technical details on the general board and ruin it for those who don't like to check players' potential, but this is the reality. SI don't think there is much value in U-16 football anyway as it's incredibly hard to predict the future of such players unless they play on a much higher level than their actual age ;) No reason to get worked up really.

in a world where the bbc are suspending people 4 the same things channel 4 has a program about (phonejacker)

Well now, you can't compare someone with Iranian blood (and therefore automatically great at comedy) prank calling people with no insults with a bearded lady who goes around telling everyone that he's shagged their daughters and grandaughters as if he never gets any.

in a world where the bbc are suspending people 4 the same things channel 4 has a program about (phonejacker) it would not suprise me in the slightest what will the point be of playing the game if you cant bring player through your system!!!!!i prid myself on buying the best under 16 players and developing them to be greats!!!

'fonejacker' doesn't phone people up and talk about their grandchild's sex life, whilst throwing abusive comments at them ;)

FONEJACKER IS THE FUNNIEST PROGRAM EVER!!!! (gooooodddddd eveenniing madam, my name is george, how would u like to drink hot beverage with ant and dec whilst watching britain has got very much good talent, all we need is ur sort code and bank account details and passport) LOL ohhhhhh so many funny characters.

The political correctness brigade want there heads checking, u cant say anything or do anything that someone else may find offensive. personally i like it when ppl offend me coz then i can poke them in the eye, as for them trying to stop under 16 been in a football manager game...............its all gone INSANe.

FM...WURD TO YA MUTHER!!!

soon manchester united wont be called manchester united it will be called peoplechester united!! coz no doubt some woman on a power trip will find it degrades woman in some way and black burn will be called colouredburn rovers coz some ppl may find a rascist and offensive, which is absolutley propostorous.

FONEJACKER IS THE FUNNIEST PROGRAM EVER!!!! (gooooodddddd eveenniing madam, my name is george, how would u like to drink hot beverage with ant and dec whilst watching britain has got very much good talent, all we need is ur sort code and bank account details and passport) LOL ohhhhhh so many funny characters.

The political correctness brigade want there heads checking, u cant say anything or do anything that someone else may find offensive. personally i like it when ppl offend me coz then i can poke them in the eye, as for them trying to stop under 16 been in a football manager game...............its all gone INSANe.

FM...WURD TO YA MUTHER!!!

The entire show is fixed, mate. The people who are being "phonejacked" are paid a set amount of money to take the abuse, otherwise the production company and the television channel that airs the show is vulnerable, from a legal stand-point.

I know that this has got nothing at all to do with the thread topic, but how on earth can anyone find that show funny? But then again, I guess it's the people who thought Ali G was a hoot.

Personally, Dennis Pennis kicks both of their ass.

Back to the topic, I've checked, why isn't young Arron Spears not in FM09?

=anyone want to contribute something serious to this thread, the question asked is actually quite interesting.

..................ur one of them who rings watchdog and complains coz someone said booby at 6.30 on live tv, my comments are as serious as any other on here so dont patronise me plz just becoz u dont like or take what i say serious doesnt mean i didnt mean them to be serious. And its a forum....which means u can type and have ur say, which is what i am doing.

also to other chap, dennis penis was very funny he made me cry with laughter but fonejacker is genius, its all about the little animated faces and stupid pop ups like terry tibs saying 17 gran to sell a maserati and a pic of his grandma pops up really fast. i didnt like ali G.....

The entire show is fixed, mate. The people who are being "phonejacked" are paid a set amount of money to take the abuse, otherwise the production company and the television channel that airs the show is vulnerable, from a legal stand-point.

They haven't got any threat of being sued as they'd call after the prank to ask for permission, like with most pranks shows.

Barnsley recently set the record for the youngest player to ever play in the football league. Reuben Noble-Lazarus he has just turned 15 IRL. He is not in Football Manager. If you go to the Barnsley data issues page you will find the reason is FM have decided not to include players under 16 years of age from this year onwards. The players who are 15 at the start of the game turn 16 within the first month or so.

=anyone want to contribute something serious to this thread, the question asked is actually quite interesting.

..................ur one of them who rings watchdog and complains coz someone said booby at 6.30 on live tv, my comments are as serious as any other on here so dont patronise me plz just becoz u dont like or take what i say serious doesnt mean i didnt mean them to be serious. And its a forum....which means u can type and have ur say, which is what i am doing.

also to other chap, dennis penis was very funny he made me cry with laughter but fonejacker is genius, its all about the little animated faces and stupid pop ups like terry tibs saying 17 gran to sell a maserati and a pic of his grandma pops up really fast. i didnt like ali G.....

Your posts make my eyes bleed.

Kiwityke is right, there's a cut off date (which I think is near the end of October, I read the exact date in a thread recently). If a player turns 16 before that date, he's in the game and will appear as a 15 year old when you start up.

So when I played for my local under 15s team, that was child labour? I don't think it's anything to do with that.

It might be to do with laws about protecting children's privacy/identities or something. At a guess.

Have you ever wondered that it actually has nothing to do with political correctness. Firstly the child labour laws just mean that the guy can't have a full time job, being a professional footballer would count as this of course.

Theres no PC stuff in this its just a sensible law, so why aren't they in the game. Well there are 1000's of kids of various age groups at every club playing in all manner of junior leagues. Some of them will become brilliant players, some will look rubbish but make it, some will look amazing but turn out to be terrible. Its very hard to tell at such a young age and in this game you are managing the first team not the under 14 side. You don't really lose anything by not having them in your team and it makes little sense to have one of two select youngsters in the game when there are thousands no one will have ever heard of that may very well turn out to better players.

Imagine FM2007 without Bojan or Freddy Adu! Personally I would have been a tad upset if John Bostock wasn't in FM2008. He been signed for Tottenham under much publicity, but he's 16 now.

Fair enough we shouldn't be able to offer them professional contracts when they're too young, but to take them out completely is outrageous unless there is a very good legal reason. Still annoying!

Imagine FM2007 without Bojan or Freddy Adu! Personally I would have been a tad upset if John Bostock wasn't in FM2008. He been signed for Tottenham under much publicity, but he's 16 now.

Fair enough we shouldn't be able to offer them professional contracts when they're too young, but to take them out completely is outrageous unless there is a very good legal reason. Still annoying!

Yeah why couldn't it be just possible to offer youth contracts to these players? What's the big deal?

Also the child labour laws must have changed if this is indeed the case as there were players as young as 13 (when adu first appeared) and several 14 year olds in older games.

If there are problems with U16s being in the game. Why not put them in the database, to appear when they turn 16. It can't be hard to do, and no one should really be playing 15 year olds in their first team anyway.

While Galvan did debut at 14, and impressed technically, he was completely bullied out of the game by the opposition, being very easily pushed off the ball.

Archived