has anyone cancelled

I cancelled my pre order after playing the demo. Got fed up of the game freezing before pre season was even finished and the inflated amount of injuries and fatigue in players.

Bought every version since 01-02 but when the game wont even run what can you do? Last years release runs fine so will play that if I need an FM fix.

Normally I manage to pre order at the £18 price point and missed that this time around which also put me off, £24 frankly seems to much for what I have seen.

Yes, cancelled mine. Not at all impressed with 3d ME and 3d representation, all the flaws and bugs with this are well logged so no need to repeat them. I wasn't expecting fifa style detailed graphics, but I was expecting more diverse and better animation and a better Me where players did not behave in such suspect ways. 2d is currently jittery and laggy on my machine too.

I see little point in perservering with it in its current state because the bugs and flaws will simply irritate and annoy me and spoil my enjoyment of the game.

However, I know it will be patched and it will be a great game to play...one day, but I'd rather wait until it has been properly and fully patched before buying it, rather than buying it, becoming frustrated with it, and it sitting on the shelf for six months until all the patches come out.

I just hoped that for once I could keep my mind on the actual game, and enjoy it fully - again - we're stuck with bugs and a beta client. It ruins the whole feeling of sitting down with a newly purchased game.

Now I'll always wonder if the long-shot spree is a bug, if the players are injured too much as a result of a bug etc etc - I just want a proper game that doesn't have its core features bugged somehow.

I'm going to buy this, I'm putting my faith in the release day patch.

It is a poor game, set up by poor SI staff!

No actually its the best football management simulation game on the market developed by a very hard working team of people who have one of the best after sales customer service...

Please name me a better Football management game currently on the market?

Yes Fm is the leader of the pack. Thing is that is as much due to the rest of them being utterly cack as it is Football Managers brilliance.

We really need somebody else to step up to the plate and produce a decent game which would force SI to dig deep and produce a better game.

No actually its the best football management simulation game on the market developed by a very hard working team of people who have one of the best after sales customer service...

Please name me a better Football management game currently on the market?

He can't get the game to run, so he doesn't even know what FM09 is like...

i have stoped my pre-order

my reason are injurys, also is it just me or is the only way to score from out side the area and it just doest feel right i can rem playing all day everyday back when it was champ man just lost a bit of addictiveness but cant pin point a reason why

quality game it has everything that i liked about 08 with nice new touches and the problems fixed. the 3d isn't what makes this game so good as i don't use it and think it looks horrible.

i thought 08 was absolutley brilliant and this game takes the poor bits and fixes them and then adds some nice new extras aswell.

i have stoped my pre-order

my reason are injurys, also is it just me or is the only way to score from out side the area and it just doest feel right i can rem playing all day everyday back when it was champ man just lost a bit of addictiveness but cant pin point a reason why

Maybe too much detail for some people to enjoy it nowdays? in the past we have had threads where people wanted to pick up and play insted of spending soo much time on training, tactics, and to take in soo much information...

Just a thought.

quality game it has everything that i liked about 08 with nice new touches and the problems fixed. the 3d isn't what makes this game so good as i don't use it and think it looks horrible.

i thought 08 was absolutley brilliant and this game takes the poor bits and fixes them and then adds some nice new extras aswell.

injuries will be fixed in release day patch

It is a poor game, set up by poor SI staff!

shut up mate, it's people like you that make me laugh if they do a bad job, everybody says they are rubbish at their job, on the other hand If the game is good they are the best thing ever!

Makes me sick

I won't be buying unless Intel chipsets are supported in a future patch (Lack of 3D despite more than adequate GFX card). Come on, SI!!!

Which intel chipset do you have?

this is the one on mine and it runs perfect...

Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Mobile Report

Report Date: 11/05/2008

Report Time[hr:mm:ss]: 20:55:53

Driver Version: 7.14.10.1329

Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium* , Service Pack 1 (6.0.6001)

Default Language: English

DirectX* Version: 10.0

Physical Memory: 2038 MB

Minimum Graphics Memory: 8 MB

Maximum Graphics Memory: 358 MB

Graphics Memory in Use: 269 MB

Processor: x86 family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13

Processor Speed: 1596 MHZ

Vendor ID: 8086

Device ID: 2A02

Device Revision: 0C

* Accelerator Information *

Accelerator in Use: Mobile Intel® 965 Express Chipset Family

Video BIOS: 1471

Current Graphics Mode: 1280 by 800 True Color (60 Hz)

Which intel chipset do you have?

Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1 (6001.vistasp1_gdr.080917-1612)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

Processor: Genuine Intel® CPU T2080 @ 1.73GHz (2 CPUs), ~1.7GHz

Memory: 2038MB RAM

Card name: Mobile Intel® 945 Express Chipset Family

Manufacturer: Intel Corporation

Chip type: Intel® GMA 950

DAC type: Internal

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27A2&SUBSYS_FF031179&REV_03

Display Memory: 256 MB

Dedicated Memory: 0 MB

Shared Memory: 256 MB

Current Mode: 1280 x 800 (32 bit) (59Hz)

Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor

Driver Name: igdumd32.dll

Driver Version: 7.14.0010.1504 (English)

DDI Version: 9Ex

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Updated my drivers and everything, still no joy :(

Thing is, I can run Unreal Tournament 2004 (old game, I know) plus other decent 3D FPS' and it's fine, and i'm sure it's more demanding that 22 characters running around a patch of green.

Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1 (6001.vistasp1_gdr.080917-1612)

Processor: Genuine Intel® CPU T2080 @ 1.73GHz (2 CPUs), ~1.7GHz

Card name: Mobile Intel® 945 Express Chipset Family

Chip type: Intel® GMA 950

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27A2&SUBSYS_FF031179&REV_03

Display Memory: 256 MB

Shared Memory: 256 MB

Current Mode: 1280 x 800 (32 bit) (59Hz)

Driver Version: 7.14.0010.1504 (English)

Updated my drivers and everything, still no joy :(

Thing is, I can run Unreal Tournament 2004 (old game, I know) plus other decent 3D FPS' and it's fine, and i'm sure it's more demanding that 22 characters running around a patch of green.

You have the same chipset as me.. do you have a graphics accelerator? how did you pull that information out? let me compare it to mine...

Also what your RAM?

You have the same chipset as me.. do you have a graphics accelerator? how did you pull that information out? let me compare it to mine...

Also what your RAM?

Yeah I have GFX acceleration, I used 'dxdiag' to get all that... If you don't know how then it's START>RUN>'DXDIAG' (without ')

I have 2GB of RAM. I have a good Laptop, and it should (technically) be able to run this game in 3D. It's a shame SI have yet to make it compatible with certain chipsets :(

It's your decision.

Personally I'm pretty dissapointed but that's nothing the real version have more updates than the demo and your probably just not used with it yes the gameplay is slow well then why not just do 2d I felt the same 08 I bought it the best game I've ever played.

Simple!

Ok here is my system information..

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 11/5/2008, 21:19:12

Machine name:

System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard

System Model: HP Compaq 6720s

BIOS: KBC Version 83.0C

Processor: Intel® Core2 Duo CPU T5470 @ 1.60GHz (2 CPUs), ~1.6GHz

Page File: 1764MB used, 2549MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 10

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: Mobile Intel® 965 Express Chipset Family

Chip type: Mobile Intel® 965 Express Chipset Family

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2A02&SUBSYS_30D8103C&REV_0C

Display Memory: 358 MB

Shared Memory: 358 MB

Current Mode: 1280 x 800 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Driver Version: 7.14.0010.1329 (English)

My system set up is very simmilar or the same as yours yet i can run the game and you cant?

I also have a ps2 emmulator on my machine and i can actually play all my playstation 2 games on this.. including my final fantasy games.. (All original games by the way)

Archived