first impressions on demo, good and bad!

well its been a busy few days aint it on here. well i havent had too many bad experiences so far, i know there has been a fair few but im sure they will be fixed in due course. my brother has experienced the (Fm.exe has experienced a problem a needs to close) but his computer does need updating really.

but my first overall impressions have been positive, i have really liked it a seems to have a new feel about it, i wasnt sure bout the 3D at first but have grown to really love it now, and the more i use it, the more i like it. its seems to make alot more sense tactically, and with you being able to see players going to ground, or up in the air, certain runs. ok mine aint a great graphics card and am now thinking bout upgrading mine to a real good quality one and then would love to see the improvement then, i have read a few people saying that they upgraded their graphics card and noticed a massive improvement.

i like the player interaction, in asking them to do certain things differently, or make certain runs, or do this less often and that more often.

the overall feel so far is very positive. i know some people are suffering but im sure all will come good for you people out there.

i have only played with man utd so far, next im guna try blue square premier with burton albon and see the difference i playing in the lower divisions.

Demo has been deleted and 08 has been installed

I know everyone has their own opinion but I can't take comments like this seriously

Even after the patches FM08 has an inferior match engine to 09, plus the media and confidence are abysmal on 08 and the transfer negotiating isn't very good, and all three features improved on 09

Merging the two sliders is a deal breaker? Sounds like a case of cutting off your nose to spite your face

It is for some.

The problem I am having this year is things like the sliders and the use of the decimal point when giving a players match rating is they are small niggly things. This is the first release I have ever had a negative thought about but the game seems to be full of these small things that annoy without any good features to distract me from the bad.

Every other release I have playing away happily from release day never noticing all the bugs other people are pointing out but this year just isn't like that and I am not will to pay £24 for what feel like a beta release.

It is for some.

The problem I am having this year is things like the sliders and the use of the decimal point when giving a players match rating is they are small niggly things. This is the first release I have ever had a negative thought about but the game seems to be full of these small things that annoy without any good features to distract me from the bad.

Every other release I have playing away happily from release day never noticing all the bugs other people are pointing out but this year just isn't like that and I am not will to pay £24 for what feel like a beta release.

I guess when more and more is added each year then peoples opinions will become even more divided. Because all these things you see as niggly and negative, are things I really like. Small stats like 'fastest goal' and 'distance run' add up to make the game deeper, which I personally enjoy

As for bugs, I'm not sure how you could of played FM08 out of the box and not notice bugs. It was riddled with them, much worse than this year. The match engine was bugged to the point I thought it was broken and each patch introduced some other annoyance to the match engine

Beta release? I'm sorry but this demo does feel like one of the tightest releases in a number of years, apart from the injury situation which SI have confirmed is to be tweaked in the first patch I've not noticed any major deal breakers. The 3D engine is a pleasant surprise, I've even watched a few games in full match mode & I'm happy that it shows me what I need to see along with being realistic.

It's the same every year..."this demo is * & I'm sticking to the previous version", this would be the previous version that had 10 months of being slated as an awful release & worse than the one before that which also had 10 months of being........you get the idea.

It's the same every year..."this demo is * & I'm sticking to the previous version", this would be the previous version that had 10 months of being slated as an awful release & worse than the one before that which also had 10 months of being........you get the idea.

Thanks for that Barside, nice to see my efforts to actually explain myself rather post the usual ******** crap you get in here were recognised.

This is the first time since 01-02 I wont be buying on release due to not getting on with the new version. I never had any hassles with 08 despite others bitching but this year I am finding to many little things annoying me.

I refer to it as Beta mainly because I cant play more than a few game without it freezing and some of the changes just dont make sense to me.

Got so much potential as it's only the demo and I've only played it once so need to get used to the new stuff etc but that will be easy, I think the gameplay is a little too slow I am going a high expectation but it's not that realistic and has'nt got much tempo at all.

But I like it, will buy the game, this is the first 3d and who knows where it will be in 3 years time or so, so great potential and I'm happy.

I personally cannot play the demo as theres far too many injuries, im getting 2-3 serious injuries every game which makes it unplayable.

However, I am liking the way it looks and enjoy the match conferences and 3d engine and im confident things like injuries will be ironed out by release day or for a patch.

ive pre-ordered 09 but I'll be carrying on playing 08 until the 12th when my fml gameworld goes live

Damn

Demo just froze while I was scrolling between camera angles, I guess this is what people have been talking about & considering FM & Firefox were the only programs running it's not a hardware issue as I run a quad core pc with a series 8 nvida gfx which should be more than enough to cope.

thank you for the demo first of all, maybe most of the people dont realise but SI dont have to release a demo at all...... so thanks for a preview. I`m sure the new patch will sort out the gremlins as it did with 05,06,07 and 08. So keep up the good work and to all those who seem to be getting very worked up about the demo , please remember its only a game, buying it on the 14th is not compulsory :thup:

Archived