Are You Going To Buy It?

Are You Going To Buy FM09  

338 members have voted

1. 1. Are You Going To Buy FM09

I'm at 'unsure' right now.

After a disappointing FM 2008, I planned to hold off on future versions of FM... but the 3D in 2009 is raising my spirits a bit. Despite being primitive by today's standards, it's still a lot more entertaining to watch the matches.

I guess for me it all depends on how fast the 3D wears off, if at all.

Not straight away now, The demo will not work on my computer :( but i told the guy at pc world i would use it more for music and things when i bought it because i know Fm worked on more aless any decent computer so the graphics card will just be a standard thing that came with the PC.

But downloaded the demo on to my brothers laptop, it worked but could not get the 3d on. The classic 2d pitch box is grayed out so i could not change to 3d. Did not really enjoy it tbh the 2d pitch was different, when i tried to go on holiday untill the next game it kept taking me to the game status screen, when i was typing my name the letters doubled up i know they are all bugs and will be fixed for the release.

But i suppose i i do not like using my finger as a mouse to move the curser on the laptop very very anoyying and the keyboard being so close to the screen i do not like either so that's probably why i did not get in to the game that much and not enjoy it. I do like the 90+5 for when you score a goal in stoppage time (y).

Think im going to stick with Fm 08 now for a while untill i decide to buy a new computer, Think other people who can't play the Fm 09 because of the graphics card will make a few updates for Fm 08 :D. Plus i still really enjoy playing Fm08 and i stuck with Cm03/04 until Fm 07 LoL But if i do decide to buy a new computer next year then of course i will buy Fm 09 because its the best manager game ever!!!!

Absolutely.

I've only played the demo for about an hour (including 30 mins of the match engine) and I've been really impressed with it. I haven't played long enough to encounter the injury bug or any other such error in the game, but I have faith that the first patch (or the second one) will iron them all out.

And the 3D match engine adds an extra dimension to the game, excuse the expression. :p

Unsure as of yet.

Had good impressions of it to start with, but having played on still noticing the same flaws that 's on FM08

G.K playing immence for the opposition.. (2 shots on target all match and 2 goals in the 80th min)

Injuries do seem to be a problem ( 5 in one match , 3 of which after I made 3 subs ..went down to 8 men)

It does seem to lag the more you get into the season (probably my system)

Its most definetely apparent that the full game won't run on lesser specs machines.

Looks like I need a new system before I can purchase it lol.:)

ohhhh ill be buying it, i always do!!! even though its buggy and has some problems i find it my duty to give FM my £39.99 otherwise theyll go bust and stop making the game!!!!! and we cant have that!!

No they wont.

They will be obligated to improve it once and for all or else...melt down !

IM gonna buy it for sure loving it so far, when i first loaded it found the typing error and kept crashing and injuries. i then started a new game windowed the game (this stoped the crashing) and the typing error seems fine and i have had far less injuries.

Only problem I have now is trying to get the bloody thing off steam i have just moved to Canada and tried paying for it using my english account it didnt like taht and i assume thats the reason why so trying to set up a canadian paypal account now so hopefully that will have it sorted

Unsure as of yet. I need a new system and added to that my recent experience with FM08 (which I am really enjoying still but unpatched and 2nd patch were lightyears apart AFAIC) will have me waiting for a bit at least.

Archived