ATI MOBILITY RADEON Express 200

I wasn't sure whether or not to post this here or on OTF but was wondering if anyone else had this graphics card in their laptop and was running 3D/2D games at a good speed? As my laptop worked fine for FM08, but struggling to get it to run nicely for FM09.

EDIT: My post at the bottom (post#8) explains how to improve this.

I have the same video card as you and the same problem. It's almost unplayable of how much it overheats and stutters. I turned off 3d in the preferences but it's still as bad. I have over a gig of ram but I've just now discovered that in tuneup utils it's only showing 600 odd. What's your RAM like?

1.8 Ghz processor(single core) 2GB of RAM i have. I've turned everything off and used low detail and windowed mode etc but no joy. I don't know if the .NET framework would help. I don't mind not running 3D as i know its probably not quite good enough but its effecting 2D and is hard to get into it! I also have the GFX sharing 128mb of RAM in the BIOS which is the max possible. So i can't even improve it that way. It probably wouldnt work with only 64MB set.

TBH i can't be bothered to mess about with too many things as i CBA to find out for myself. So i was just wondering if anyone else had found the right combination to get it working but its no biggie

i don't know whether we are using the same graphic card but my is Ati radeon express 200 series. the 3d work fine for me only when loading the 3d match have to wait about 15 to 20 sec. btw mine is not laptop but desktop. you could try updating your graphic driver.

Ive just found a few things i'm going to try before football training when i get back from work. driver updates etc but we'll see. I'll post results at work tomorrow when i'm back on the forums

Right i downloaded this catalyst control centre 8.10 which updates the driver and also gives you to utility to play with settings if you don't already have this. So you can mess with settings for quality or performance or balanced. Just go through them and change it the way you need. I went for performance and it has improved it a lot although still not quite as good as it was on 08. (2D) (hopefully the patch will also allow the game to play better further)

3D was still bit jittery but was better.

I also installed 2.0 framework from Microsoft and got the latest processor driver but they will not have affected the performance as much as the GFX driver.

This is on XP btw.

Right i downloaded this catalyst control centre 8.10 which updates the driver and also gives you to utility to play with settings if you don't already have this. So you can mess with settings for quality or performance or balanced. Just go through them and change it the way you need. I went for performance and it has improved it a lot although still not quite as good as it was on 08. (2D) (hopefully the patch will also allow the game to play better further)

3D was still bit jittery but was better.

I also installed 2.0 framework from Microsoft and got the latest processor driver but they will not have affected the performance as much as the GFX driver.

This is on XP btw.

Hi I have the same ATI as you I too updated catalyst & seems to be same as yours.

BTW where dyd you get the processor driver mune is AMD Athlon 64

Archived