A Plea

Can anyone tell me a Laptop under £400 that would play FM09 3D smoothly??

Im really not too good at video cards etc so I don't want to upgrade my current Laptop (Toshiba Satellite)

Any help would be great as I'd love to be kitted out come 14/11.

Cheers,

Jason

Can anyone tell me a Laptop under £400 that would play FM09 3D smoothly??

Im really not too good at video cards etc so I don't want to upgrade my current Laptop (Toshiba Satellite)

Any help would be great as I'd love to be kitted out come 14/11.

Cheers,

Jason

Have you tried the 3d for yourself yet??

I prefer the 2d myself mate.

If I'd have gone out and bought a new computer to play it on I'd be pretty annoyed right now.

I'd wait until AFTER the 14th. Hopefully one element of the patch which will be out on the day of release will be to fix some graphics card incompatibility issues. In other words, when the patch is out you might find that your laptop is okay, or at least know exactly what graphics card you need.

In my honest opinion I really would not buy a laptop just to play the 3D smoothly as it's actually not that good.

My PC plays the 3D perfectly but I turned it off after 2 or 3 matches as it adds nothing to (and actually detracts from) the experience of watching matches.

The animations are very poor and many strange things happen which totally ruin the immersion factor. If Pro-Evo was a 9 out of 10 for animatons and realistic looking football I'd say this engine comes in at 2.

I know you will still be bitten by the bug of having to see it yourself just as I was, but be prepared to be dissapointed.

try ebuyer they have a very good range of laptops and they are not all that expensive aswell..

I have bought the model below this one http://www.ebuyer.com/product/147175 and its running everything very smoothly... it it cost me £499 6 months ago.

But like its been mentioned before i would wait untill the issues with compatibility is sorted before buying a new laptop.

I wouldn't go PC World for a computer anyway, most of it is overpriced rubbish.

Look at the specs of your own computer first, decide whether you really want to buy a new computer just to use the 3D match engine which doesn't add much to the game.

Archived