AssMan doing my head in...

I've had this too. If it works like I would expect it's actually very useful in getting your tactics finetuned. I got him to shut up permanently by either setting my defenders to play a bit more forward, or to move my midfield and/or offense backwards a little. It makes the team a little more compact.

He keeps banging on about gap between out defence and midfileld or gap between midfield and strikers.

Please help me in working out how to close these gaps or I just might have to strangle the AssMan..lol..

Cheers Guys

Had the same problem pal, its the mentality settings. Make sure there isnt a gap of more than 4 or 5 notches between your lowest and highest mentality settings. Makes sense really, as the team should play as a unit.

On the same topic, the Ass man is doing my head in too. I know we could choose to ignore him but then whats the point? Every single match im having close down/show onto weaker foot about 7 or 8 opposition players, very annoying!!

• SI Staff

On the same topic, the Ass man is doing my head in too. I know we could choose to ignore him but then whats the point? Every single match im having close down/show onto weaker foot about 7 or 8 opposition players, very annoying!!

No-one is actually forcing you to act upon the comments from the assistant manager so you can ignore certain pieces of feedback from the assistant or you can ignore everything he has to say, just by not clicking on the tab in question. The assistant feedback is observations from him including some suggestions on how he would act if he was in your shoes. There is no penalty coded in specifically for ignoring the assistant advice and as has been explained earlier on a few occasions, following the assistant advice 100% does not guarantee a win but also ignoring the advice completely does not mean you are going to lose.

At the end of the day, the assistant feedback is similar to the new 3D views as it is just offering you more information about the match on which to base your decisions on. It is up to you to decide if you deem something you see as something you need to act upon.

• SI Staff
Thank you for your reply which was both informative and well structured, perhaps unlike my initial post. I am thoroughly enjoying the game, dont get me wrong!

No worries, I hope the reply will clarify the workings of the assistant feedback to others as well :)

I like the new feature. In the few games that i've been able to play, his advice has helped out a bit. I also find your team much more effective and cohesive if you stick to a single team mentality rather than having a seperate mentality for defenders/mids/attackers.

Yea I like the ass man feedback..

And I also think there is room for improvement, especially when the ass man recommends something like show player x on week foot and you act upon that request, the feedback screen should reflect this, but it seems your ass man is not aware that you have made those changes and still recommends the same thing.

Little annoying.

this is a great feature that a lot of people have been hoping for for a long time. its still got a few rough edges but its a welcome addition. I don't always use it but the suggestions i've gotten were helpful.

• SI Staff
Yea I like the ass man feedback..

And I also think there is room for improvement, especially when the ass man recommends something like show player x on week foot and you act upon that request, the feedback screen should reflect this, but it seems your ass man is not aware that you have made those changes and still recommends the same thing.

Little annoying.

Yes, there was a glitch with the refreshing of these comments. The comments were supposed to update after you've done tactical changes such as this but these particular comments did not get refreshed. This has been fixed for the first patch.

He does seem obsessed though. You have to show everyone onto their weaker foot. You have to close everyone down. The gap between your defense and midfield is too big.

Tell me something different! Tell me how raiding my fullbacks are being. Tell me how hard my strikers are working to create space. Tell me something other than close everyone down onto their weaker foot.

• SI Staff
He does seem obsessed though. You have to show everyone onto their weaker foot. You have to close everyone down. The gap between your defense and midfield is too big.

Tell me something different! Tell me how raiding my fullbacks are being. Tell me how hard my strikers are working to create space. Tell me something other than close everyone down onto their weaker foot.

Suggestions on what you would want the assistant manager to comment upon should go into the suggestions thread. As this is only the first iteration of the feature, there is no way we could have implemented everything people expect or want to see their assistant manager to comment upon. These are good suggestions to begin.

Archived