Wondergoal by the goalkeeper!

Guest Mouhsin013

Guest Mouhsin013

Victor valdes has just scored a wondergoal for me... I would like to show the video of it to you guys but I don't know how?!! Can anyone help?

Here are some images

http://s360.photobucket.com/albums/oo46/Mouhsin013/?action=view&current=VictorValdesGoal.jpg

http://s360.photobucket.com/albums/oo46/Mouhsin013/?action=view&current=VictorValdesGoalII.jpg

My keeper took a goal kick and it bounces over the head of the other goalie and its a goal, it can happen IRL but should be very very rare!

Same happened to me too, it does happen irl so it didnt bother me much but every game there's loads of chances where the keepers just boot it downfield and strikers run onto it to score whilst the defenders just stand and watch..

it does happen but where??? maybe in very very very minor leagues?? hmmm barcelona's match??

i mean i'm italian, and i can't remember in my 26 years of seen any goalkeeper scoring like that in the whole Serie A...

Paul Robinson scored from a free kick just outside his own box, last season or the season before.

wikkapparently:

In some even rarer situations, goalkeepers have even scored goals unintentionally, when a ball punted downfield has caught the opposing goalkeeper out of position. Paul Robinson and Pat Jennings have both scored under such circumstances. In the final of the 2003 CAF African Champions League, El Ahly goalkeeper Essam El Hadary scored a goal by driving a free kick from near his penalty box into the top bar of opponents goal; the ball then hit the back of the goalkeeper going into the net. Vitoria de Guimaraes' Palatsi also scored in that situation against Moreirense on a game for the Portuguese Liga. Serbian goalkeeper Dragan Pantelić and, more recently, Colombian "Neco" Martínez and Michael Petkovic have also scored goals the same way.

Same happened to me too, it does happen irl so it didnt bother me much but every game there's loads of chances where the keepers just boot it downfield and strikers run onto it to score whilst the defenders just stand and watch..

GK booting it and striker running in on goal DOES happen way too often but then in FM08 it was always the same where you attacked and the defender booted it away from his danger area passing it straight to one of his own players who would score...

well sorry i don't know what kinda of goalkeeper you got but i swear it never happened in more than 25 years here in italian first league(serie a)...so that's why i'd be very shocked if i'd see a goal like that in fm...

I did a quick search on google and it seems you're right about Italian goalkeepers not scoring goals like that. They have scored with their head though :p Rampulla, Toldo and Taibi are all on the list in the last 15 years.

well sorry i don't know what kinda of goalkeeper you got but i swear it never happened in more than 25 years here in italian first league(serie a)...so that's why i'd be very shocked if i'd see a goal like that in fm...

well hes just said it happened in the premier league 2 years ago, and it was paul robinson past ben foster, two players tryin to go for the england team, so if it happens in the "best league in the world" it had better happen in fm or people would complain about it!!

sorry was wrong but did find thisPeter Shilton - Leicester City

Shilton would have been happy to have played for his local club, Leicester City, just once. Instead, he made over 250 appearances for them and even managed to score one goal. His clearance in a match against Southampton in 1967 travelled the length of the pitch and into the Saints net.

GK booting it and striker running in on goal DOES happen way too often but then in FM08 it was always the same where you attacked and the defender booted it away from his danger area passing it straight to one of his own players who would score...

See my thread 'Long Balls'

Every game or so in 09 so far, i'm conceding a goal from a defensive clearance leading to a striker running clean through.

Think it was done against sheffield wednesday once - not sure if the keeper was peter shilton but he had caught a ball and kicked it out of his hands over wednesday keepers head - I could be wrong though

It was Steve Ogrizovic scoring for Coventry City at Hillsborough, Wednesday keeper was Martin Hodge

Archived