Clarification - Level of Detail database and matches - All FM versions

hello,

Been searching a lot in old posts but don't find anything about the settings "level of detail" on how the match are being played.

Last time i tried to explore the settings was with FM07 and i think there was something wrong with the u18 teams settings (always reverted to none when i selected all).

I need some clarifications on the settings. Have i gotten this rigth:

It is only the setting FULL that will simulate the match correctly. The other settings are "dumb down" implimentation to make the game go faster.

Right?

So if i want to compare nations and large teams i always have to have FULL on Cupmatches (becuase then in Champions league every nations play the matches equally, and not only the English team as i play the league there) and the international teams. Or; the effect would be that the matches in the early cupmatches are "dumbed down" and played with a lesser presicioun?

(SORRY for my english, i explain it very bad)

To try to understand more what am i asking:

If i put 20 World class players on San marino: The only way they will reach the WC final is to play every match with FULL detail, right? If I don't do that REPUTATION is one of the variables that is used in the "dumb down" calcualation to predict the result?

Can anyone with good english clarify these things for me? It very important that i use right settings in my long term game.

Full detail shows the game in full yes.

Highlights or the "dumbed down" versions you speak of are also full representations of the game, they just show highlights of it so as you say, users can quickly go through the games.

If you put 20 world class players into San Marino they would be a much stronger team :) regardless of what level of detail you play your matches in.

Are you 100% sure of this?

If you play the England league, and put 20 Super-players in San Marino i am pretty sure (in earlier versions of FM) that all San Marino matches in the early WC rounds are played with the "dumb down" (not FULL) and will lose "automaticaly" to better teams like Holland, Italy because of their reputation...and the match not beeing played as FULL.

pretty sure above means: pretty sure i read that in a thread a few years back

I talk to myself a bit more. In Kipfizh great thread about the Bandits, the level of detail is discussed once. One person states (FOOBAR, on page 10):

"Overall I think the impact that the level of detail has on the simulation is an interesting factor that impacts the performance of the AI. It's been known for a while that it impacts player development (i.e. if only the England leagues are loaded then the English national team tends to do better than expected in the long run), but the apparent impact that detail level has on the outcome of the individual indicates a discrepancy in the AI used when "simming" the game at the lowest detail levels and "processing" the game at the highest detail levels."

The last "but" indicates that there is a difference wether you choose full or not in the outcome of the result.

In either FM07 or FM08 (don't remember which), I have put world class players in Pakistan team and seen them lose to every team on the planet because of this "dumbed-down" simulation thing which generates results based on reputation alone.

Thank you, that was what i thought.

Can't be only me who likes that you want Championslegue and the EC and WC are won by the right team. How is your settings?

Me thinks i only can have "dumb down" in leagues i don't play and don't intefere with.

Everything else has to be sat on "FULL" if you want the whole experience...

Ok, i am totally the opposite. Love the whole "simulating" world, but FULL on all makes the game go badly slow...but see no other options now... :-)

Methinks its irritating that english teams dominate the international cups only because i'm playing in that leage...make me feel i play a "dumbed down" version :-)

Archived