3D looking better and better...

I first played the demo on my old machine (gfxcard ati radeon 9700) and the 3D really looked very bad! Now I played it on a new system where the 3D runs really smooth and nice!

I have to say that I like it more and more by every match I play. Off course there is space for much improvement in the coming years but I'm sure SI will work on that!

Some things should be fixed in a patch like players holding their arms on their hips while on the ball, or players keeping the ball for a coupe of seconds, players laying down after a tackle for a few seconds,...

If these small details will be fixed, the 3D will not have disappointed me! It's nicer to look at and to see tactical errors than the 2D!

i have to say it is growing on me, i have to watch a certain way though.

i cant watch it in the big screen because then u see the flaws to easy but in classicview from afar its not that bad.

they have to work on it alot though it seems they only finished it for 50%,the way players/ball move just dont seem real/

from being VERY sceptical about a 3d pitch, im really quite taken with the new way of watching matches - think its been done a million times better than i thought it would be.

it seems really relevant to the old 2d pitch too, which is pretty impressivly done. Groundbreaking!

I first played the demo on my old machine (gfxcard ati radeon 9700) and the 3D really looked very bad! Now I played it on a new system where the 3D runs really smooth and nice!

I have to say that I like it more and more by every match I play. Off course there is space for much improvement in the coming years but I'm sure SI will work on that!

Some things should be fixed in a patch like players holding their arms on their hips while on the ball, or players keeping the ball for a coupe of seconds, players laying down after a tackle for a few seconds,...

If these small details will be fixed, the 3D will not have disappointed me! It's nicer to look at and to see tactical errors than the 2D!

Half of what you are complaining about it just part of the match engine though, just made visible by the 3D...

I have to say I really like the 3D, which is now running very smoothly. There are some great pieces of animation if you watch closely, as well as the occasional glitches that make me chuckle more than anything. It's also so much easier to see which tactical changes have to be made, because my brain reacts a lot more to the figures than to a series of small discs moving around. I now see a back four and can see whether they are sitting too deep, or pushing up and getting outpaced. this was something I had difficulty seeing when it was just a series of discs.

Although I believe that there are many people out there experiencing difficulties, it can't be put solely down to the game itself, because there are many people who can run it properly.

i agree 3d is looking good now

i love this demo i'm just constantly fed up of having hit the deadline and having to restart!!!!!!! come on 14th

si i especially like how the press conference thing works and also the reserve team asking about player availabilty all this makes this game much more enjoyable

not sure about what is new about the transfer system but maybe because i'm leeds and have limited money i haven't noticed it myself

good job si just lets get these bugs sorted out like you always do :)

at least we now have a basis now to start on for 3d engines to get better each year :)

only critical point would be the options on answering questions they seem a little bit too brainless.... having said that i guess after all the new features it was something probably not ready yet

Yep agree, the more you get used to it the better the 3D seems.

Like the introduction of the 2D view a few years back, this first 3D version was never going to be complete perfection at the first attempt. It took a few years for the 2D view to be perfected, and it will surely take another 2-3 years for SI to be totally happy with the 3D view, but this first version is certainly welcome and enjoyable.

I've the same graphic card (ati radeon 9700, 128mb) and i can't put the 3D running smoothly... (2gb RAM) :(

do you think the patch will solve this?

can anyone give me a clue on this subject?

The problem you're having is that FM works your CPU hard as well as making demands on the graphics. The 9700 can do 3D - I know because I had a Radeon 9000 - but your whole system is probably struggling a bit with the game. 2D might be best for now.

Totaly agree with the hands on hips bit i noticed that unless it just looks like it(i hope it does)

I love the "fouled" animation, swan dives galore! I actually had one in the box but my SC got booked for diving, Classic! Actually the player graphics remind me a little of Empire Earth figures and Lemmings! LOL. That is not a criticism though cos I am loving the 3d its just a bit "not cutting edge". For the first time ever I suspect CM0102 (my fave CM/FM game ever for "fun & playability") may never get played by me again.

Last night saw something amazing. When the action starts and the "loading match" message appears over the 3d match screen I normally get the referee appear then the players (shuffling on the spot) then the action kicks off. Last night i got the 2 teams in columns, in rows of 4 players, jogging up and down the pitch. If it was a representation of a warm up then AWESOME! If it was a graphical glitch then it was a great coincidence.

I'm a Football Manager veteran who left the series a few years back mainly because I felt it had become stagnant and was becoming too much like a chore. I was one of a lambasted minority which wanted a transition to a 3D based engine as well as a more streamlined system not catering only for the avid hardcore fan. Will keep an eye out for any information regarding the match engine in the days to come as this iteration of the series just might bring me back. :)

Archived