Impressed with Young Players

In the demo, playing as Man City, my scout who's scouting Under 18s is recommending a lot more players who might have the potential to play at Prem level than 08...wahoooo! Is this the enhanced regen work that SI mentioned? I might actually have my reserves pumped full of youngsters that I should keep around for once.

I know that, I didn't mean it in that way...I mean it for the way players develop. There is a lot more decent youngsters around to buy (according to your scout) and already in your youth team this time. I used to have like 1 or 2 players in my youth team that had 'potential' to play in premier whilst all the rest were 'you should look to offload this player' which wasn't very realistic because if I should look to offload him why would my youth team have him in the 1st place?

I've actually found the opposite. My entire youth team is worthless. And that's with a team that has produced one of the highest and greatest numbers of decent players in house over the last few years (Middlesbrough).

And you make specific mention of "enhanced regen(s)", which has no relevance to this.

I am very pleased with a couple of the youngsters at my favourite (Championship) club, who in my opinion were not good enough in FM08.

In fact, I bought one 17 year old from said club into a Premier League team and he slotted straight into the first team. Brilliant!

Archived