Who is using the Demo as a tool?

Well like every version of the demo iam trying to use this as an opportunity to do the following:

1) Searching for a complete new staff team.. and adding them to my note book.

2) Making a huge shortlist of players i would potentially sign and i am doing this by playing the demo in all major leagues possible.

3) Trying to find the right formation and tactics i will be using for different teams i am thinking of manageing.

4) Trying to figure out a decent training scheadule.

5) Trying to work out a formula for team talks.

all this to get ready for my long 30+ season long save game.

Anything i have missed??

Well like every version of the demo iam trying to use this as an opportunity to do the following:

1) Searching for a complete new staff team.. and adding them to my note book.

2) Making a huge shortlist of players i would potentially sign and i am doing this by playing the demo in all major leagues possible.

3) Trying to find the right formation and tactics i will be using for different teams i am thinking of manageing.

4) Trying to figure out a decent training scheadule.

5) Trying to work out a formula for team talks.

all this to get ready for my long 30+ season long save game.

Anything i have missed??

haha, i have the perfect tactic already! lol.

yeah i do some of these the shortlist no tho, because i cant get a grip of how they develop.

i only ever use the demo to get a feel for the game, ie, new skin, new features, etc. i then have a few short saves on the real thing until i know most of the youngsters, have a few good tactics, which staff to get.

so yeah, i pretty much do the same as you except i use the game instead of the demo :)

Yeh i try and figure out the most effective attacking formation for my Man Utd team and spend the 6 months "tinkering" with it. Might have a quick look at good young players but I'd prefer to leave scouting until the full game because i'll play with a league or so more.

I've always had mixed results when messing about with training schedules.. I'll change it about to get one for defenders, mids and strikers but i'm never sure if it makes a big impact...

Well i can't use the demo to effectively test how my team will do, since i need the editor to give Portsmouth some transfer kitty. We have $0 atm. But i am using Man City to learn about the players i want to buy.

Everton are really poor aswell :(

I wish! Unfortunately I found the whole experience far too frustrating as every tactic I created was terrible, FM09 has really shown me how crap I am :D I lost 6-0 with Man Utd agaisnt Sochaux, then started a new game with Spurs and beat Wolves 5-0, using a default tactic :rolleyes:

*That's not saying anything about the game, it's all my own fault*

I've found going to the lower leagues a more fulfilling experience. Demo for me is all about getting a feel of the game. Really like it apart from the injury issues - frustrates me as I lose two players per friendly and one or two in between games. Using default training and regular substitutions too

I wish! Unfortunately I found the whole experience far too frustrating as every tactic I created was terrible, FM09 has really shown me how crap I am :D I lost 6-0 with Man Utd agaisnt Sochaux, then started a new game with Spurs and beat Wolves 5-0, using a default tactic :rolleyes:

*That's not saying anything about the game, it's all my own fault*

I was pretty much using the attacking 442 diamond preset in every game (with just long-shots edited to match my players' longshot abilities) and was doing OK as Arsenal. 1st in league by 2 point lead at end of six months, qualified from ECL group stages in second place behind Roma and in the final of Carling Cup. 90% of my wins were by 1 goal though, so I'm not sure how I'd do with a midtable team. The only game where I was really poor tactically was in a loss against West Ham. I had DM sent off at 86 minutes while leading 1-0. I rearranged the team and apparently did a very poor job at it since I let 2 goals slip through in injury time.

As for answering the topic, I have been playing the demo as if it were a long-term game I had started. It gives me a good feel of how things will be when I start that actual game once the full game comes out.

I use it mostly to get the feel for the game, to find all the new helpful features and find out how to use them to my fullest benefit.

Tactics tinkering... well, at 08 the tactics always had different effect after a patch, so for my part, I won't be fully working on tactics until that has come out, even so it will be a while. I will play around a bit though during matches to see the various effects of my changes, maybe even watch the odd full game, if time allows, which atm is unlikely.

I don't even do too much player scouting, but of course the odd gem will make it into my fm desktop file ;)

I am actually using 2 of my tactics from FM08 but slightly modified to accommodate the new farrows system. I always use 2 different tactics and rotate between them depending on home or away and opposition, and now believe I have found the right tactics for my team.

I only wanted to check out the 3D and have a look at some other features like press conference etc., I'll leave the staff and players for when I play the full version. Tactics are fine, I'm using something similar to what I've been using for the last few years and it still works. I've played about 15 games and don't feel like playing it now as I just want to start my career game.

I have only been loading it back up to watch some of the games I have already played while I tweak the resolution and graphics etc., as I'm one of the unfortunates that had/have a jerky 3D mode. I have fixed it enough to watch it in fullscreen without any problems but it's shockingly bad when I try windowed mode. Funnily enough most people say windowed is smoother, not on my pc for some reason.:confused:

I don't want any suggestions as I've already done everything mentioned on here. As in turning off other apps, windowed mode, resolution, graphics detail, vid card driver, directx, HD defrag and clearing, amd dual core patch and probably some others that don't spring to mind.

Heres what to do to make the demo a lot longer (Or certainly feel that way). Take control of your reserves and under 18's that way you can run the rule over all your players, trying different tactics and training so when you start a full game on the 14th you have a jump start and know if you do really need to buy in certain areas (i never listen to the assistant) p.s im doing this with Man United so even if i start as lower league manager i know which youngsters from United i can sign/loan.

You could use it to unscrew larger screws, if you can't find a screwdriver.

or use the CD in other ways :p if ya know what i mean ;)

back to the topic, i actually have found a very good 3-5-2 formation for my Man Utd team, looks pretty good, finished top of the league when the demo ended.

Just trying to find one for my Barcelona team, but maybe just maybe i might start off unemployed this time around...

back to the topic, i actually have found a very good 3-5-2 formation for my Man Utd team, looks pretty good, finished top of the league when the demo ended.

I'm looking forward to some of you guys discussing tactics in the T&T forum, at the minute i'm all at sea re tactics and have been on the end of a few embarrassing results using my own tactics. I think that's what made me hate the demo so much to begin with, i'm using the default tactics now and enjoying some (limited) success, so it's not quite as frustrating and i'm enjoying it a bit more.

Nomis I had the same problem on my first try at the demo..

I think it was due to new farrow and barrow system..

I have followed the rashidi1 thread about tactics and getting started, and then tried and tested few different formations and tactics and found one to fit my requirements…

Mind you there is always room for improvements, this tactics is getting me the results but the team not performing the way I want them to…

Once I get the right blend ill post it up for you guys to take a look and give me feedback.

I use the demo to mess about with the new features of the game and to see how the new release is. I usually pick a mid-table team and starting going through tactical transitions to see how the new match engine works and try get used to it.

I have only been loading it back up to watch some of the games I have already played while I tweak the resolution and graphics etc., as I'm one of the unfortunates that had/have a jerky 3D mode. I have fixed it enough to watch it in fullscreen without any problems but it's shockingly bad when I try windowed mode. Funnily enough most people say windowed is smoother, not on my pc for some reason.:confused:

I found the same, windowed is unwatchable, actually got a headache from it but fullscreen isn't too bad. Still reckon I'll be using the 2D most of the time with 3D only used to watch a spectacular goal replay and the like.

Demo showed my 08 tactic is still ok so not much else I plan to use it for.

I found the same, windowed is unwatchable, actually got a headache from it but fullscreen isn't too bad. Still reckon I'll be using the 2D most of the time with 3D only used to watch a spectacular goal replay and the like.

Demo showed my 08 tactic is still ok so not much else I plan to use it for.

I'm the opposite, I can't stand fullscreen and haven't used it for years. Love windowed mode and looks much better for me.

I'm the opposite, I can't stand fullscreen and haven't used it for years. Love windowed mode and looks much better for me.

Well I think you missed the point, he was saying that his game is like mine. When we watch windowed mode the 3D match engine goes all jerky and is unwatchable so we have to watch fullscreen which runs smoother on our PCs. I know I'd rather windowed and maybe he would too but when the game stutters every 1-2 seconds it is extremely annoying.:mad:

i only ever use the demo to get a feel for the game, ie, new skin, new features, etc. i then have a few short saves on the real thing until i know most of the youngsters, have a few good tactics, which staff to get.

so yeah, i pretty much do the same as you except i use the game instead of the demo :)

I'm exactly like Wills... Its only a demo bro, wouldnt you want the whole experience later in the real game?

Its up to you I guess but I just spent heaps of time looking around the new features etc not taking anything

too seroiusly... Thats for when the real game comes out!!! Plus it does crash here and there with 'out of

bounds' or something so I try not to get to into it and cry when it crashes ^^

Archived