3D Add's more care to games!

On Football Manager 2008 and other football manager's i noticed myself rushing through games, on 3/4 speed highlights..and finishing seasons in 2/3 days, However it seems on 09, because of the 3D, I Sometimes if say the 1st half hasn't gone well, then turn it onto full match, to see yourself where your going wrong, or watching a full match from the start. i'd never watched a full match before and i've had every football manager since 03/04 (then cm) but i've already watched 6 full matches in around 15 since the demo has come out!

I Really like it, and i see past the average graphics to see what it's their for!

Well done Si!

Same deal here.

I find it a lot easier to determine what is going wrong tactically by watching little men instead of little circles. So I tend to watch all the highlights with attention to detail, and generally jot down a few things to change after the match in order to plug some holes.

I honestly don't mind the graphics at all. They remind me of the old Ultimate Soccer Manager games :D

The 3D view makes it much easier to get into the game and much more exciting. Another thing is it's a lot easier to tell if a dodgy penalty decision was actually dodgy or not. It was ridiculous on previous versions when the press would ask "do you think it was a penalty" when all you could go on is a little circle running near another little circle.

Oh, how surprising 3 dimentions gives more. Of course it does. How about having angles on the 2d and improving the details, the player icons, the ball, the shadows, the colours, the ball, the goals, the nets, giving the players heads etc etc?? This way you don't have to worry about the many problems that 3d brings like specificly making the players run and kick the ball correctly.

I haven't seen the 3D clarify certain calls on fouls and handballs. I'll imagine when more animations and tighter polish in 2010 it will be helpful. Too many toepokes and shots with the outside of their foot. I can't tell if they really are hitting the ball like that or it's just a mis-animation between strong foot and weak foot.

if there's still confusion about a handball / penalty decision / etc i think that they could also add a section in the assistant feedback, ie "pat rice is incensed that the referee missed a handball". like in real life, when you complain you could still be wrong, but the feedback would be right most of the time, so you have a better idea of whether it's worth complaining about. it'd be nice to see your assistant manager recommend an appeal for a red card too

Archived