Suggestion: Youth Trial Days

Especially a good addition for lower league clubs.

Inviting youth players from the region for training sessions and maybe a friendly.

Could be a way to sign new talented youth players.

Trial days are in as in:

Released players from other clubs compete in them.

I think KUBI means instead of getting your new U18s at the beginning of the season there is a trial day and you get to choose which get taken on youth contracts for the U18s

I think more of an addition to the way youths are brought in the game.

I know that local clubs doing it to spot talents who are not bounded to a club or just in a very small one that is usually not scouted.

Trial days are in as in:

Released players from other clubs compete in them.

I think KUBI means instead of getting your new U18s at the beginning of the season there is a trial day and you get to choose which get taken on youth contracts for the U18s

That's what I got from the OP, and think its a good idea. I want to be more involved with the youth coming through my academy, other than stealing good youth players from around europe.

I dont think I saw trial days in the demo. they probably start with the next season since that's when a bunch of youth players would run out of contracts.

Oh, and the kind of trial days suggested in this thread are in Fifa Manager, but that shouldn't take anything away from the fact that it would be pretty useful for lower league clubs, better than taking the greyed-out players on contract anyway.

It's a nice idea in principle, but there are reasons that it wouldn't work.

To do the trial days you either need two or three times the number of young players (thus increasing the database) or all youth players become grey players until they are offered a contract.

Either way balancing the game so that in 10, 20 or 30 years time you still have the same quality of players would be exceedingly difficult. If you create the same ratio of good to bad players, then all the good ones get taken on and you end up with two or three times the number of top class players. If you maintain the same number (rather than ratio) of top players (meaning the additional players on trial are added at the rubbish end), then you risk some of them not being picked up and you end up with less quality players.

The other point is tha it is fairly rare that the manager himself signs up the youth players and it would perhaps be a but cumbersome in the game - there is no way I would want to do that once a season.

My suggestion is that the youth manager is able to identify young players already in the database, either at other teams or without teams and make suggestions to you, "i.e. I think this kid has a lot of talent". The players would still be regens, there would just be more activity in terms of teams competing for young players.

Archived