Match Engine - Between Highlights ...

I think it's a real shame that between highlights with the 3D match engine, you just see the players standing as they were at the end of the last highlight.

I think it'd be much better if it was the same as on FM 08 ... and it flicked to a different screen, so you could get matchday information while highlights weren't showing, rather than a pointless paused image.

I think a lot of imperfections remain in the general matchday experience, making it less comfortable and harder to enjoy. It's just not as user friendly, IMO.

In general, I like the game, the match engine's growing on me but I think it's missing some of its former usability.

Cheers,

Andy.

Just removing the players form the pitch would be helpful and wouldn;t seem quite so odd.

One thing I notice is missing from the TV view is the full player stats - probably too big for the widgets - so it would be nice to have that as an overlay to the pitch when there is no action. In my mind it would be like a transparent frame that fades in and out.

When not showing a highlight, I would really like the TV view to kind of dim - fade to a greeny-grey, if you will - and show the formations of the two sides. Then, when the next highlight is due, it could zip back up to the full green colour and show the highlights. Would look much more professional, and be more functional.

Archived